·
803 Posts
Oh just offically...it's been here for a couple of months.....:cry:

Jimmy....:D

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
We're still waiting for summer here!

Interestingly enough, after two dreary, rainy, cold weeks, the sun is supposed to come up tomorrow and it's going to get warm finally...on the first 'official' day of summer!

The summer solstice is kind of a sad day for me. It means the daylight hours will be decreasing, which means slowly we'll be getting less charge for our solar electric system...sigh.

Other than that, it's great! We have our best weather between then and the autumnal equinox! :)

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Oh, is summer here? Its only supposed to be 110F here tomorrow. I suppose you can call that summer... :p

·
Registered
983 Posts
The first day of summer brought us some much needed rain and cooler temps. 4 weeks without a drop and temps in the upper 90's and low 100's. If there had been no lighting I would have danced in the rain.

·
edirPsmaP
1,587 Posts
We are still waiting for summer here too!! It is raining! My garden can use the water for sure but it needs some sunshine more! Ok, a nice rain at night and sunshine during the day would be a perfect balance! Sigh...

The kids are waiting for the rain to stop and the sun to come back out so we can go swimming with some friends.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
We have been breaking or meeting heat records here now for months!

400 fires buring across florida.

Today 2 firefighters died from smoke and heat exhaustion,one only 31 yr.s old,the other only 53.

Drought index is in the danger and exteme.Wells may soon be drying up,rivers are looking like swamps in some areas.

www.drought.unl

reginal drought monitor shows where the drought is worse across southest.

Fire map shows where fires are.US Fire Mapping ,google.

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
My heart just goes out to you folks in the 100s and upwards, we only occasionaly hit that high, but this year we have been below normal and higher rain........I'm with Pam, need sunshine during the day and rain at night. Today is mid 80s, so that sure is nice. I took a picture of my garden a bit ago and I'm going to try once again to list it on here....we'll see how it goes;)

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
My heart just goes out to you folks in the 100s and upwards, we only occasionaly hit that high, but this year we have been below normal and higher rain........I'm with Pam, need sunshine during the day and rain at night. Today is mid 80s, so that sure is nice. I took a picture of my garden a bit ago and I'm going to try once again to list it on here....we'll see how it goes;)
I've tried numerous times to upload my garden picture but it keeps saying that it failed........I think I hate computers..........I really wanted to share that pic. with you.......grrrrrr.......:gaah:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts