Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cat lover, hunter, tech n
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The attached story is kind of short (8 pages), and is basically a dream I had a couple of years back. I just expanded on it a bit, changes some names around, and took some liberties with geography.

Let's say that this one is rated PG-13.

I also took some liberties with the language. I didn't try to be grammatically correct or to spell everything exactly right, but only as I felt necessary to preserve the flavor of the story.

Suggestions and comments welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Quick and interesting read. A little too partisan for my tastes when in reality both sides will be taking our rights away when the time comes.

·
Cat lover, hunter, tech n
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I guess I probably ought to tone that down a bit.

It looks to me like our biggest threat right now is from the Dems, but that could well change at any time. I guess I let my state of being disgusted with the current administration color my writing a bit :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
No problem. I too became disheartened with our current leader, as I was expecting actual change from the last one and based on the lack of that, 2 years ago, I turned in my Liberal card for a Libertarian card, since I feel both parties becoming more similar than different.
Keep writing

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
redcat - Congrats :D

I like a story that ... at some point will make you smile ... and yours did.

short but good ... Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Howdy RedCat

Very good story Cat , I like it, even if you toned the language down :D:D , I think you done good!! now start your next one!
HB

·
Registered
672 Posts
Very good! I don't recall you actually naming the party responsible for the grab, so it could be read either way...just because a Dem's in the White House in Real Life doesn't necessarily mean there is in your story...just sayin'. :dunno:

I think you have talent. I'll check back periodically to see if you have any more interesting dreams that you'd be willing to put to paper. :2thumb:

·
Registered
369 Posts
very good reading keep up the work

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I love the story just the way it is! Great job, and a sobering scenario that is all-too-scary a possibility in real-life.

Please, write more!

:)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Great story! Quick and to the point. Did the prez go to jail? :D

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Good read and good job. Even tho it's a fictional story (and a good one) it still enforces the concept that you don't attempt to take a law abiding persons firearms from them, especially if they are a Vet.

If the "gun grab" ever happens, the "goons" will get a patriots blood to boiling even more than the attempted confiscation would and push them past the point of giving in or up if they attempted to harm a Lady or Child while in the process of "confiscating firearms".

I agree with Sue, don't change a thing I liked it just the way it was written. :congrat::2thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts