Story - The Gun Grab

Discussion in 'Fiction & Non-Fiction Stories' started by redcat, Apr 19, 2011.

1. redcat

redcat Cat lover, hunter, tech n

The attached story is kind of short (8 pages), and is basically a dream I had a couple of years back. I just expanded on it a bit, changes some names around, and took some liberties with geography.

Let's say that this one is rated PG-13.

I also took some liberties with the language. I didn't try to be grammatically correct or to spell everything exactly right, but only as I felt necessary to preserve the flavor of the story.

Suggestions and comments welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Quick and interesting read. A little too partisan for my tastes when in reality both sides will be taking our rights away when the time comes.

3. redcat

redcat Cat lover, hunter, tech n

Yeah, I guess I probably ought to tone that down a bit.

It looks to me like our biggest threat right now is from the Dems, but that could well change at any time. I guess I let my state of being disgusted with the current administration color my writing a bit :)

4. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

No problem. I too became disheartened with our current leader, as I was expecting actual change from the last one and based on the lack of that, 2 years ago, I turned in my Liberal card for a Libertarian card, since I feel both parties becoming more similar than different.
    Keep writing

5. Donald

Donald Member

the gun grab

short but good.......continue your efforts.......its worthwhile......:)

6. Donald

Donald Member

the shelter and beyond

1. how did I miss this story?
    2.where do I find it?
    3, thanks for your help.:2thumb:
    Donald

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

redcat - Congrats :D

I like a story that ... at some point will make you smile ... and yours did.

short but good ... Thanks for posting.

8. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Howdy RedCat

Very good story Cat , I like it, even if you toned the language down :D:D , I think you done good!! now start your next one!
    HB

9. Ezmerelda

Ezmerelda Well-Known Member

Very good! I don't recall you actually naming the party responsible for the grab, so it could be read either way...just because a Dem's in the White House in Real Life doesn't necessarily mean there is in your story...just sayin'. :dunno:

I think you have talent. I'll check back periodically to see if you have any more interesting dreams that you'd be willing to put to paper. :2thumb:

10. marlas1too

marlas1too Well-Known Member

very good reading keep up the work

11. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I love the story just the way it is! Great job, and a sobering scenario that is all-too-scary a possibility in real-life.

Please, write more!

:)

12. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

13. Bidadisndat

Bidadisndat Newcomer

How long before you write us another great story? Darned soon, I hope!

14. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Great story! Quick and to the point. Did the prez go to jail? :D

15. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

Write more that story was great.

16. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

17. oldvet

oldvet Well-Known Member

Good read and good job. Even tho it's a fictional story (and a good one) it still enforces the concept that you don't attempt to take a law abiding persons firearms from them, especially if they are a Vet.

If the "gun grab" ever happens, the "goons" will get a patriots blood to boiling even more than the attempted confiscation would and push them past the point of giving in or up if they attempted to harm a Lady or Child while in the process of "confiscating firearms".

I agree with Sue, don't change a thing I liked it just the way it was written. :congrat::2thumb: