stirrin the pot

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by gds, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gds

gds Well-Known Member

How about that?
    Uncle Joe shut down what I thought was starting to be a thread that addresses an important issue.

Hitler, Castro, Pol Pot, Stalin.. etc.... all shut down freedom of expressing oneself.

I think the peeps that were involved in the above mentioned thread were well on there way to acquiring more knowledge and info to make them more prepared to deal with whatever it is that comes their way.

Some conflict and disagreement will occur when people come together to discuss things that are important to them. :wave:

2. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

There's a belief here, among some, that any disagreement is unhealthy.

3. booter

booter Well-Known Member

I would like to attempt to pick up the 'original thread' from a different point of view. ''The parable of the Ten Virgins/Matthew 25;01-13 - tells the story of half of a group that showed up for THE party seriously unprepared, 'a day late and a dollar short' the point is, the door was shut and they were turned away.'' They were privvy to all the opportunities for the whole group, but chose for whatever reason not to prepare, ''you snooze-you lose'' even the Bible is clear on this, 'NO COMPROMISE!' this has been America's 'Achilles Heel' for way too long and now we have '2010 = such as it is'.

If I may ''over at the 'Rural Revolution website' there is a thread 'Don't come A-knocking' [WTSHTF] it makes for a good read and different perspective on things. There's a 'School of Thought' - Tough Love [to help people realise they are responsible for their actions] well I think
    in this day and age it needs to be redefined as Tough-Luck Love [should have = could have = would have, but didn't! now it's too late....

I sure hope this passes muster, because this is a reality we all will eventually have to face, I'm not advocating anarchy, I'm hoping for some honest realism here.

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with people disagreeing, but when it turns into an endless "I'm right, you're wrong battle with no end in sight, It's of no use to anyone but the ones who are trying to inflate their ego.

5. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

It's about perceptions and limitations.

6. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

"Honest realism" often turns into nothing but bashing others. Not exactly productive in any real sense of the word.

7. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

Uncle Joe,

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would use any forum to feed their egos. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.