Prepared Society Forum banner

Steaming yourself

4K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  HozayBuck 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of putting a cloth over your head and inhaling steam from boiling water? I heard this can be a good way to clear the sinuses or lungs. What herbs can you put in the boiling water to make it better?

#6 ·
Ohh great to know that part, xj35s. I had heard many times about steaming but that is one thing that has been failed to be mentioned to me numerous times. I am very glad to know this now....especially because I feel a sinus infection coming on at this very moment....uggh great.

#7 ·
you're missing the second half of the treatment. It should be practice to inhale very quick and deep and exhale moderately. This will draw out moisture left over that can lead to pneumonia. Moist and dark is an orgy for bacteria.
Well I used to take steaming,i mainly used it to open up my face Pores so that All black heads and White heads Will remove after that I apply my face Pack,Well I'll use this Steam for my lungs also thank's for sharing this useful Second part also.

#10 ·
I often steam my face.Its good for cleaning skin.Steaming cleans the skin of all surface dirt, stimulates the circulation and unclogs blocked pores.The high temperature helps the pores do open and this way your body will clear of the toxins and the cosmetic products will reach every skin cell.

#12 ·
Great thread!! I make the bestest damn Chicken "Stoop" in the world! lots of pepper, that really warms your innerards and opens your sinuses..( Stoop is soup so thick you can eat it with a fork)

Also I plan to build a steam house, not a Sauna but a steam room, small wood stove with a pan of rocks on it, let it get hot, spray water on it and a drop of eucalyptus oil.... it is not only great for what ails you it's wonder for cleaning the toxins and your spirit...

I love a hot tub too!!, in the winter sit in the HOT water and watch the stars, had one in Montana when Hale bop ( sp) was riding across the heavens it was awesome...freezing cold and we were warm and snug...when you get out you have a few seconds to run for the door before you feel the cold...WONDERFUL!!!... but probably not a good idea off grid with solar power...at least the amount I can afford..

I forgot...Her Self brought home some tea from a local Asian store, ginger and cayan pepper and some sugar...a cup of that heats you up and makes you feel good...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.