California Starting a prepper group SF Bay area

Discussion in 'South West USA' started by Jdras47, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Jdras47

Jdras47 New Member

I'm looking for like minded people to start a prepper group in the SF Bay area. I'm 25, I used to be really into it but kind of fell off. Now that Im starting a family of my own I realize the importance, im looking to start up again. I want a group that not only advises each other on survival and contingency plans but meets up and shares knowledge, practice of fishing, hunting, and meets at shooting ranges. If you want to help me make this happen or have any questions just shoot me a private message. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Grimm

Grimm There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.

You might not find anyone here to join your group. We are all very big on OSPECS. Not to mention we know nothing about you because you didn't post an intro.

Try Meetup.com to see if there is already a group in your area.

3. AmishHeart

AmishHeart Well-Known Member

I didn't know that there were shooting ranges around San Francisco anymore.

4. tmttactical

tmttactical Supporting Member

Depends on what distance you consider "Around". If 100 miles is around, then maybe, if 25 miles is around --- not a chance.

5. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

I'm a bit far from there. Sorry.

6. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

Had to look how far, 2719 miles from city center to city center. If I drove I guess it would take me just over 45 hours. Not including pee breaks, food, and we can not forget sleep. So I guess what I'm trying to say. I need to be reimbursed for my time if I go. Lol

7. AmishHeart

AmishHeart Well-Known Member

I wouldn't waste your time. I grew up there. I don't think you can shoot anything around there.

8. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

I honestly believe that the best thing you could do is to form a group to get your butts out of SF and California all together, to many of us here, you are living in a third world country that is bound to get only worse. I know there are really good preppers on this site that are living in California, but I pray that they find a way to get out of there, as it is the political left here in Oregon seems to like what's being done in that state and that certainly is NOT good.

9. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I agree with Grimm

That is how we filter out potential MAG members, through the local meetup.com groups, with face to face "meet and greets". Usually takes over a year of these to be selected for my MAG, not a fast process, but lets me see more into their motivation and character and what they want from the group.

10. Grimm

Same here.

11. bunkerbob

MAG members

I have some members come from as far as La Verne, and Victorville, and as close as Murietta, Hemet and Wildomar. Always use another site for the meet and greet until they are accepted in the MAG. Then we do regular prepper classes, and meetings, even did a weekend group simulated trigger event last year here.

12. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

Wondering if I've been filtered yet lol

13. tmttactical

tmttactical Supporting Member

i would like to thank the mod for removing my OPSEC post and the originators post. Very considerate of you and not very considerate of me. I appreciate you covering MY BAD.

Sincerely,

TMT.

14. Jdras47

Jdras47 New Member

Well I don't live in sf I'm in the East Bay and there's​ a range in Livermore also many in the valley. And about the whole filtering thing, that's exactly why I want to start my own group. Besides if someone feels the can't trust me after a meeting they can just stop talking to me. It would be nice to have someone else in the area to co-op with, they don't necessarily have to be within 25 miles. Im willing to work with the right people as far as the valley. I eventually want to get out of the Bay but I don't think we should abandoned any part of the country. There's a whole lot of land in California and more wilderness then most states. It's not all like the commie infested bay

15. Grimm

I live in a rural area here in California. When we moved here it was pretty conservative and there were more churches than bars (no bars per zoning laws but bar'n'grills). In just three years the area has turned a bit more liberal and in a town of 50K people we now have more welfare offices than churches. Not to mention the bars popping up all over.

16. Jdras47

Jdras47 New Member

That's why we shouldn't abandon anything. Without out people like me and you. California would be completely godless

17. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

Bars are a mild problem compared to whats going on inside our homes through technology, tv, web, radio, etc,. And our schools are viper pits now far as what is forced on our children. The only thing good about school now is the few teachers who try to counter the agendas as best they can. Bless their heart they are in the middle of the war on our kids.

I was at an relatives house who hates cussing. I let out a cuss word in a hot debate. I was told ' "WATCH YOUR MOUTH THERE ARE KIDS HERE". I agree it is wrong to cuss, no argument there.

But the problem for me was 15 ft away which was one thing that was bothering me, was cable tv show of Eddie Murphy and then sewer mouth Richard Pryor using all kinds of filth describing mens private parts and saying M F every other word. And I told them what hypocrits they were then for allowing their kids to watch such filth instead of controling what they watch.

Bad is everywhere. We just have to try to be the least bad ones.:dunno:

18. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Well-Known Member

If you are considering starting a MAG or group perhaps you may get some insight into the pitfalls of such an endeavor from this old post.
    I would guess that you have an idea of where you all will meet up and live once SHTF? A BOL on your property is a lost idea as opsec will eventually be blown.

The failure of the MAG and the BOL

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f2/failure-mag-bol-29417/

19. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

Now that was a interesting thread. To me that's what P.C. is all about discussions.

20. bunkerbob

My response...

Have you read my response?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017