Spot market prices

Discussion in 'Money, Investing & Precious Metals' started by BillM, Apr 9, 2011.

1. BillM

BillM BillM

The spot market price on silver hit $41.00 per troy oz today.

I have'nt sold yet , it will go higher !

2. Immolatus

Immolatus Just getting started. Always.

$42.18. Unbelievable.

3. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

$43.12 at closing today.
    A few new negative economic reports came out late today on the news. I'll expect silver to jump at least $0.65 by Monday afternoon.

Hold on to your silver! JP Morgan's short selling on silver is about to HTF. 11 banks in 2011 have failed already this year. I'm holding onto mine for a bit.

4. geoffreys7

geoffreys7 Well-Known Member

I called my brother at work today and rubbed it in, he almost sold some last month at $32.00 and I told him to hold on or I'd buy it. Thankfully he's holding it but it was good I could rub it in he'd almost sold it if it wasn't for me. :2thumb:

5. BillM

BillM BillM

The Silver Spot

The Silver Spot market closed today at 43.00 per oz.

;)

6. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

OMG! it's crashing! SELL SELL SELL! :eek:

jk folks ;)

7. Immolatus

I am still buying, even at these levels. I dont have a ton of money right now, Im working on my credit card debt, but bought 6 z today at $44.75 each. And to think, my first 100 z buy was at $11.50 spot, paid $12.50.

I am a tad weary of a crash in this insane run up, but I am going to continue to buy as long as the Fed continues to print money. Which I guess will be forever? I have seen too many boom/busts to listen to any argument against a possible massive sell off, no matter how doubtful that may be.
    If there is a crash in silver, I will continue to buy, and I guess we would all be better off anyway, cause the only way I can see a crash coming, other than a pure bubble burst (ceteris paribus), is a strengthening in the dollar/economy. Which also seems pretty doubtful.
    If only I could get my father and my girl to listen to me. My dad thinks Ive lost it, with all of my wild theories about the gumt, and my girl knows Ive lost it. I need to stop watching alternative news, and stick to MSNBC.
    Then everything will be all better.

8. 778008

778008 Active Member

I know what you are saying about the price. The USMint silver proof sets are 67.95 and have a value (using silver's current price) and the monetary value of the non silver coins almost is the going price. So I think a good deal since they are a better quality of silver and if prices decrease will still have the intrinsic value they hold, if prices on silver continue to go up-silver investment. Just another idea. Probably the mint will put up the price soon if silver continues to go up, maybe even at these prices.

9. IrritatedWithUS

Silver is at $43.21 right now as of 11:07am Pacific :D

10. Immolatus

11. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

I just bought another 60 ounces

12. IrritatedWithUS

Silver closed at $45.66 today. I bought some more yesterday at $49.00 just out of convenience. I happened to walk past a coin shop and low-n-behold 2011 silver eagles everywhere!

13. BillM

BillM BillM

Up to

Silver went up to over $46.00 per oz last night ! Still riseing!

14. Immolatus

Its down $2 to $44.90 after hitting $49 yesterday. Thats a huge 10% swing in less than 24 hours. I cant help wondering if this is a beginning of a correction, or it getting so close to $50 that people just felt they had to sell.
    Then again, maybe is just a temporary hiccup, and I should be hustlin to the store to get me some more...

15. BillM

BillM BillM

Correction

Silver dropped dramaticly yesterday.

The Chinese bought a bunch and this was the likely cause of the drop .

Right now silver is an excellent investment @ $ 45.12 spot

I look for a pop to $50.00 in the next few days.

It is a good time to buy physical metal also. :beercheer:

16. Immolatus

I should be buyin more this weekend, lets hope it dont go to $50 before then...

Kinda funny how its a good deal at $45 (and I agree) when a few months ago it was under $30. What was it then?

An "OMGGTFO u gotta git sum" screaming buy?

17. IrritatedWithUS

I'm kinda shaking in my boots.
    I've read all negative reports regarding silver and how the bull has become a bear, etc...etc...
    Reports are saying silver has dropped due to oil prices dropping and the fact that there is no word yet on the state of the dollar besides that it is down 2.5%. And there is word of corrections. My friend who has been a long-time silver investor told me last month to sell @ 35.00 an ounce. I didn't listen.

I think this is a test. I don't see oil getting cheaper and I do believe the price will go up again. There is almost no doubt about it. Part of me wants to sell my silver and switch it to something a little bit more stable like gold. However, I believe I'm just going to observe this week and see what happens. Right now, silver is down to $45.12...

18. Immolatus

Reason for drop today
    This apparently scared people away, and made silver (contracts) more costly.
    Kinda scary in a way, that a company can change some rules around and lose me that much money in a few hours.
    Kinda heartening in a way, if I can make up to the store to buy more...

19. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Your link takes me to a "subscribe" page for Barrons magazine. Can you post the content? or at least the jist of it?

I've been dabbling in PMs now and am trying to decide to buy more now that it has come down a bit or wait a few more days to see if it drops further. A lot of the talk is of a silver bubble however with the dollar I'm not so sure if it is a bubble or just a realization of where the dollar is going coupled with fluctuations on various news tidbits.

20. ra5451

ra5451 Well-Known Member

Hi Irritated....I have some morgans that I picked up...(about $3500) I'm curious regarding the volume of silver your talking about...I'm trying to gage where I should be targeting.