Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, sorry, I've been gone for a week and a half. The storms and tornado's that ripped through here last week have kept me in the field since the day after they hit. I've been on the road from first light to dusk everyday and I still have about a weeks worth of clean-up to do yet so I still won't have much computer time. Today I quit at 3:30 to rest my weary body and I'm actually taking tomorrow off to get some stuff done around here that has been neglected.

Besides all the extra work and income, one other benefit from this grueling schedule was being outside getting things ready to go in the pre-dawn hours and catching a couple of the fox that had been eluding me. I'll have no more trouble from them. ;) :D

See you all again when I get caught up.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
You should be sorry. Put on the dunce cap and sit in the corner. Next time you'll stick around, by golly.

Well. Now that I've bawled you out...............glad the twisters didn't get you and AuntJoe.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
It is that time of the year ... if you have a garden to tend or clean up from spring storms ...

Just glad to know all is well with you and yours ... ;)

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
We'll let you slide just thi one time.

Be careful out there-fatigue can sneak up and bite you when you're not looking. Get 'er done, just don't get hurt.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Yeah, don't over-do it and rish an exhaustion-related accident! It's nice to have you drop in and let us know what's up.

I've been incredibly busy, too, between the garden and yard as well as other projects, so I haven't had as much time to check in as usual.

But I think about you guys all the time! Yup, people might wonder what I'm laughing about out there in my garden! :D just kidding!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Checking in again.

Pretty much done with the storm damage. Taking to day off to go to a farm auction. This afternoon and tomorrow will be spent trying to find the garden. :rolleyes: It's a real mess. The birds got all my strawberries and the local "pick-your-own" farm is done with them for this year. No homemade strawberry jam for me this year. :(

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
:( That stinks, about the strawberries and jam. :cry:

Glad you're okay and almost done with the extra work.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
farm auction :2thumb:

Hope you find something nice!

Did I tell you I was looking for a wool picker and a larger loom ... :D

(jk) Hope you had a great time.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
Yowch!

Glad the twisters missed you,we had one knock trees down here last night!

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Checking in again.

Pretty much done with the storm damage. Taking to day off to go to a farm auction. This afternoon and tomorrow will be spent trying to find the garden. :rolleyes: It's a real mess. The birds got all my strawberries and the local "pick-your-own" farm is done with them for this year. No homemade strawberry jam for me this year. :(
that suxorz... it's a surprise to me that you don't make enough every year for two year's consumption, being a prepper and all that :rolleyes: ;) :D

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that suxorz... it's a surprise to me that you don't make enough every year for two year's consumption, being a prepper and all that :rolleyes: ;) :D
I have 2 pints left from last year. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts