Something I see in Japan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HozayBuck, Mar 12, 2011.

1. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

After watching the news a great deal I see something about the people of Japan that I like.. None of them are sitting on the curb demanding the Government come take care of them.. I see nothing like looting... i see people helping each other...I see no hysterical whining..
    maybe the people of this country can take a lesson from the people of japan..I know for damn sure the people of New Orleans can!

I spent time in Japan while in the Marines i like the country the people are wonderful.. I have many fond memories of Japan.. I hope for the best for them

Of course the stupid greenies in this country will start their whining chant about Nuclear energy .. every freak with an agenda will crawl out from under their rock to use this.. fake donation groups will abound...

Don't say much about us does it... I wonder just how bad we would act in the face of this event if it hit here.. or I should say "WHEN" it happens here..because we won't dodge the bullet that's coming our way..

Prepping won't prevent en event like this, but it can sure make the aftermath survivable...

2. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

Hozybuck,

I will have to agree with you. We spent 3 remarkable years in Northern Japan. It was the best assignment of my 26 years career. The Japanese are some of the most remarkable people in the world.

I saw a SKYPE interview of an American on one of the news channels last night. He was *****ing about not having any food. He held up an instant ramen noodles and a carton of OJ and said this is all he has had to eat. He then held up a half jar of spaghetti sauce and said that was all he had in his apartment, but would make it work somehow. Seeing this interview, reafirmed that we are 100 percent on target with all of our prepping.

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

You know what's PISSING ME OFF right now? Everybody that has food/water etc etc -- ie PREPS is beign villified as HOARDERS in the media! :mad:

when SHTF here, what slur do you think they'll be refering to YOU as? :cry:

4. GatorDude

GatorDude Well-Known Member

Call me

If they know what's good for them, they'll be calling me ...

His Royal Majesty King GatorDude

:D

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

caveat: I meant the people in Japan that had a little foresight are actually being derided for it...

6. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

Goota love the media--freaking *******es. Most Japanese who live outside of the big cities typically have small plots of land that have been in their families for centuries. Many of them grow their own rice and staples for the year and sell the excess for other essentials. I would never call these folks hoarders because they store what they need for the year just like folks did here in America until we lost our family farms.

If you saw the footage of the tsunami spreading across the farmland near Sendai, you may have noticed all of the small individual plots of rice fields being turned into swampland. This is tragic because this land is how most of these folks survive the year and get alot of their subsistence. Not sure how long it will take them to rebound.

In a nutshell, most Japanese do stockpile naturally, but they will also be the first to step up and take care of each other.

7. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I've also noticed in the news footage shows Japaneese soldiers unloading supplies and helping the citizens. I lived in Miami durring Hurricane Andrew, our soldiers stood around Humvees brandishing M16s telling me what I could and couldn't do.:scratch

8. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Sailaway, I've seen some of that to, but on the other hand, my boy wen't inta the southern states 2 years ago durin the floods, people screamed at em, threw mud on em an other stuff because they was there sandbaggin an not handin out free stuff! Them boys lived in some a the worst conditions ya could imagine ta help out an they were called everthing under the sun ya could think of.

The Japanese will help each other out, if one has more rice then they need they will help there nieghbor. They will get right to the work a rebuildin there own areas as soon as they can. They don't wait around for somebody else ta do it fer em. They still have many a the family farms we've lost over they years. It will be tough fer a spell, but they will manage an get back ta there normal lives.

Unfortunately the money grabbers an crooks will come outa the woodwork just like they do we ever big disaster that comes along. It never seems ta end with that bunch.

9. backlash

backlash Well-Known Member

You want the non politically correct answer?
    There aren't any hyphenated Japanese.
    No Africa-Japanese, Mexican-Japanese, or any other -Japanese.
    They are all Japanese.
    They have a very strong family unit coupled with a strong worth ethic.

10. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I will willingly donate money to help them but I refuse to give it to the red cross.. won't go into it but ask a Marine..it was taught in our boot camp history classes... plus it seems to me the Red Cross collected a chit load of money "for" the 911 survivors and then didn't want to hand it over..

Regardless I won't donate to the RC..I will say this..I was in the hospital while in the Corps.. and a red cross lady came around and ask me if I needed anything I said I need some smokes.. she left and returned with a C ration pack of smokes..and wanted me to pay for them..I told her they came from a c rat pack and were free to us..she insisted I had to pay for the..

I told her to go away and grabbed a Corpsman and asked him to get me some which he did and he refused to take my money..even tho he paid for them from the PX... nuff said!! I'll donate to Navy Relief any day! I might ad that the unit corpsman who took care of me until they got me out of there stayed and lit smokes for me as needed... I love those guys!! the Best Marines aren't always Marines!! but they were ours!..

11. backlash

I agree. The Red Cross will not get money from me.
    They want to teach first aid to the taliban they are off my list.

12. ar15bob

ar15bob ar15bob

Agood friend of ours from Tokyo went to Sprngfield Collage MA played hockey with herwonderful young lady would stay with us at thantsgiving and Christmas just came to see us last May tough, hard working,smart,independent.Everyone should have the ability and tinasity of the Japanise people they will surive.not like the the zero libiailty voter welfare collecting im here now support me wake up America time is short get your s##t together The goverment wont be here to help God bless America

13. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I'm with HozayBuck and have the same recollections.

They messed with us as Marines and they messed with the 9/11 people.

I won't donate to the Red Cross ever again.

14. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

Humm how interesting-I can't wait to tell my Brother in Law Van,, He's American-Japanese and my nephew is also American/Dutch/Japanese... I'm sure that he and his mother Toki (full Japanese) will get a great laugh over it. Might even net me some good home made Sashimi and Sushi.

15. backlash

Do they all live in Japan?
    Do they refer to themselves as American-Japanese or Dutch-Japanese?
    Do they go out of their way to make sure everyone knows they are -Japanese?
    I did not mean there are no mixed races in Japan.

16. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

Oh they are very proud of being part Japanese and they are very Pro-family. But they include all of their new family right on in there.
    They don't run around and announce it tho.

Your statement just tickled my funny bone ya know.!;):D

Now if we are gonna start dropping names- I have 1/16th First American blood in me by Dad.
    Very proud of it too.

17. OldCootHillbilly

Yup, I don't do much with the red cross niether. Dad said durin WW2 they tried ta sell them there packages instead a just handin em out. What a crock.

We were supposed ta do a shelterin class with em fer CERT, seems they was tryin ta extort money outa us ta help put on the class. Well, class has been cancled!

18. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

What does it say for our nation when only hours after this double tragedy happened...I heard on one station??? anchor guys discussing how this horrible event(my words) will effect the world economically and GAS PRICES--Wall Street and others!!!!:eek:
    And then, next??? Pictures and discussions of yachts flooding!!!!

My dh even commented on it this morning---for him to see it as I see it is pretty rare...:dunno:

19. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

I actually said the same thing on Facebook not even an hour ago. "Japanese people are bloody tough. They don't whine...they get **** done. No loss of law and order, just pure hard work. I admire them."

Of course I got called Anti-American, yadda yadda yadda...I am in no way Anti-American! I think I work harder then half the people my age...

But I lived in Japan, and I know how Japanese folks are and I won't beat around the bush. They are VERY family oriented and VERY hard working folks. Respectful, honorable and even if they DID talk about me...I didn't understand them! I'm terrible at learning languages! :cry:

20. OldCootHillbilly

I think what yer runnin inta there be the anit japanese sentiment left over from world war 2. Still alotta hatred from that war an some has been passed down from genration ta generation.

I have no great love fer the japanese (nor do I hate them either), but, I will say, they tend ta take care a each other an get the job done durin a disaster. I'm fraid there gonna need some help with this en cause it be mighty big. I don't think nobody deserved this mess. Lot of lost souls.

I had a feller I worked with fer a bit from japan, what a character. We spent a great deal a time discussin each others way a life. He was tryin ta figure it out over here an I wanted ta know how it was over there. Was a great learnin experience. In this instance it was workin great cause both of us wanted ta learn from each other. The world should be so lucky.