Some dumb cracker...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by bbqjoe, Jun 18, 2017.

1. bbqjoe

bbqjoe Void where Prohibited

Done runned over my ride!!!

Tyronne shoelace was heard to say, when yours truly didn't see his fine ride in front of my car.
    I should have slapped him for parking it there.

[​IMG]

2. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

You should have backed up and spun out.

3. bbqjoe

I felt rather bad about it, and asked what I could do.
    he said he had another bike at home and he needed $25 for a new tire on it.
    I gave him $40 and drove off.

Later that day I got to thinking. I don't remember nor did I see his bike in front of my car.
    I wonder if that's what he does all day. Put a smushed bike under someone's car and wait.
    The person feels bad, coughs up a few bucks, and he moves on.

4. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

I've seen far crazier things.

5. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

“A man’s gotta do somethin’ for a living”

6. Pessimistic2

Pessimistic2 Watching the world self-destruct!

When I was in Corpus Christi for a while, there was a gal stood out in the median on Leopard Street in front of my hotel, at the intersection. She had a "baby" wrapped in a blanket, and she'd fly her sign asking for "help." The "baby" was a life-like doll, and this gal made HUNDREDS of dollars, easily, in just two or three hours!! No telling where else in town she did this, either, but my guess is she had several regular spots!

In Ft. Lauderdale, there was a guy, eventually got arrested, that would fit himself into a small "box on wheels," and pretend he had no legs. Would beg for a couple hours, move on, beg some more. Turned out, a guy caught him getting out of the "box" one evening and getting into his brand new BMW, and called 911. Come to find out the guy lived in a gated community, in a $350,000 home, drove a BMW, and his wife had a Volvo station wagon!!

kinda makes ya wonder!! How many of these people ARE THERE all across the country?? :scratch

7. VoorTrekker

VoorTrekker Inconspicuous Been Around Guy

Two words: Puh! Lenty.

8. bbqjoe

Strange, now that I think about it, he didn't want a ride anywhere.

9. Jim1590

Jim1590 Annoying pain in the.... knee

Two words:

Dash Camera.

50 bucks will get you a cheap one. Add a memory card and forget about it. Myself, I have one that does 4k, large memory card which records over and over and a hard wired keyed connection to my fuse panel. Cost me about $120 total and it is tucked up behind my mirror. I forget it is there most of the time. It is even GPS / Speed and time stamped.

10. Pessimistic2

Now THERE is a damn good idea!! I gotta go to Wally World later today anyway...if they have them, one will be on the Tahoes's dash today or tomorrow! Good suggestion!!
    :2thumb::beercheer:

11. TheLazyL

TheLazyL Cowboy

Some states have laws on the placement of anything on the front windshield.

I've got one that clamps over my rear view mirror with two cameras that turn. One camera to the front and the 2 to the rear. And if I want to the rear one I can easily turned to record anyone outside the driver's side door.

Looked look and hard and the ones that stamp the video with GPS and your speed. I tend to have a lead foot and didn't want my own cam used against me.

12. Pessimistic2

I'll keep that in mind....as small as they have these things now, can probably get one that fits on the mirror. :wave::cheers:

13. Jim1590

14. Pessimistic2

I was looking at this, but that one on Amazon looks pretty good, too. Geeez, I hate making decisions!!
    :(

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cobra-El...75035&wl11=online&wl12=54423302&wl13=&veh=sem

Attached Files:

15. Jim1590

Check youtube for reviews of the models you are looking at. Don't skimp out because this could help you out of a jam or save your butt in an accident (legally speaking)

Get something with a capacitor for the power (batteries do not do well in hot cars)

Ignore the g-sensor lock features. You will get a bunch of saved files because you took a turn too hard, or slammed on your brakes. Every few weeks you will have to go in and delete recordings so you do not max out the memory card. Instead just get a decent size memory card. Mine will record about 6 hours of on time. That is a week of commuting back and forth to work for me. I think that is plenty of time to remember I got into an accident 2 days ago.

Do some research on https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/ before buying anything.

16. readytogo

readytogo ExCommunicated

Some dumb cracker... please explain ."cracker":confused:

17. bbqjoe

2. In more general and contemporary U.S. usage, the term has become an ethnic slur for all Americans of Northern European decent.

18. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

It means.... some dumb "white" person ran over this poor old "not white persons" bike.