Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DALLAS, July 14 (UPI) -- Thousands of people seeking housing assistance gathered at a field house in Dallas Thursday morning and stampeded when the gates opened, rescue workers said.

Officials said at least five people were injured, KXAS-TV, Dallas-Fort Worth, reported. One of the injured was a pregnant woman who fell down and was trampled.

Dallas County Health and Human Services were taking applications for the federal Section Eight program for the first time in two years. They asked applicants to come to the field house at the Jesse Owens Memorial Complex, a school athletic facility.

Officials said they expected 15,000 people to apply by the end of the day. A huge crowd had gathered by 5:30 a.m.

Under the Section Eight program, aid recipients live in private rental housing with the government paying a percentage of their rent based on their income. Most agencies have years-long waiting lists.

Applicants who filed Thursday could wait as long as two years for acceptance.

Read more: Stampede for housing vouchers - UPI.com

WATCH THE VIDEO:

This is a sign of what is to come. People running in the streets, trampling people. The video is haunting. Reminds me of the movie 28 Days Later. So zombie like. It gave me chills. BE PREPARED!
By the way, the number of people injured has been updated. It's now way higher.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Wasn't there something like this in Atlanta, too? (a while back)

As much as the government wants to make all of us dependent, I don't think they're ready for this...
Not only are they ready but they are hoping for civil unrest so they can declare marchall law.
Forget THE ALAMO,Remember WACO.They had no problem killing hundreds of women and children then and neither did Americans.No outcry from us we had our entertainment to keep us calm.Plus most of us are on mind altering drugs the medical profession has been pushing for decades.
Whats that story " first they came after the jews and nobody spoke up".By the time they came after him their was nobody left to speak up.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Incoming!!!!!

Makes you just super-anxious to move into a big city, doesn't it. Such a friendly place... all of those people wanting to live together. :rolleyes:

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
WOW Someone with a good video camera could've got some folks off of Workman's Comp., SS Disability, & ended some fake injury lawsuits. They should zoom in on the faces of all those folks running & make sure their applications get filed in the round file. I don't recall hearing about any folks running to the workforce commission or to apply for a job. Disgusting. Absolutely pathetic.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Not only are they ready but they are hoping for civil unrest so they can declare marchall law.
Forget THE ALAMO,Remember WACO.They had no problem killing hundreds of women and children then and neither did Americans.No outcry from us we had our entertainment to keep us calm.Plus most of us are on mind altering drugs the medical profession has been pushing for decades.
Whats that story " first they came after the jews and nobody spoke up".By the time they came after him their was nobody left to speak up.
Yup. :dunno:

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Remember WACO.They had no problem killing hundreds of women and children then and neither did Americans.No outcry from us we had our entertainment to keep us calm.
Why would we complain? They were a bunch of nutcases who shot first... thats what the goverment told the media to tell us. ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good.No I'm not on any drugs but water pill for high BP,but many peopel I know are on anti-depressants.Have to say it works for them,they don't let lifes worries bother them.
Not caring is the definition of depression. Keep wondering why they serve up anti-depressants for the anxiety that reality generates and call not caring healthy.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not caring is the definition of depression. Keep wondering why they serve up anti-depressants for the anxiety that reality generates and call not caring healthy.
My mom went from pediatric doctor to quitting her job at 44 (10 years ago) and sitting on the couch 50lbs heavier watching Maury and Jerry Springer when she went on Paxil. And this is where she is today. Except her programming is now Maury, Jerry Springer, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, and Paranormal State (or whatever it's called)...If her DVR doesn't work and it doesn't record, she is completely messed up for the day. She has not a CARE in the world, either. It's extremely sad. Thing is, she's still depressed! I can't do anything to help her.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. I don't know what to do. I try and go out to places with her but she always wants to hurry home :)

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Wow, irritated, that's so sad. A good warning to all of us to try to keep our friends and family from getting on anti-depressants in the first place, if it can be avoided.

I hope you're able to make progress with her, somehow.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Our troops are really to be pitied.They drug them up so they can send them back out.Once they finally drive them almost insane with stress they keep them on them when they come back home.

Many are young and just out of high school when they join thinking they are protecting their country.We see them at dr. office and physical theripy.
I saw them coming back from Viet Nam in the 60s ,70s at VA when I took friends and family. Many commit suicide ,more than any war vets in our history!:mad:
If you voted,your partly responsible.Remember them all and help when you can.

·
Banned
48 Posts
My mom went from pediatric doctor to quitting her job at 44 (10 years ago) and sitting on the couch 50lbs heavier watching Maury and Jerry Springer when she went on Paxil. And this is where she is today. Except her programming is now Maury, Jerry Springer, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, and Paranormal State (or whatever it's called)...If her DVR doesn't work and it doesn't record, she is completely messed up for the day. She has not a CARE in the world, either. It's extremely sad. Thing is, she's still depressed! I can't do anything to help her.
She is not on the proper meds. I have a friend whose wife was diagnosed paranoid-schizophrenic. She used to communicate with aliens through the television and did far more bizarre things. It took the greater part of 2 years tweaking medications but she finally is functional but will digress over time. Its part of the disease. Working with developmentally disabled people everyday we see ups and down but what works is usually a cocktail of 2 or 3 medications as well as psychotherapy. It has been proven time and again and while the fewest amounts of any drug are best 2 or 3 in very small doses compliment each other. Getting the TV under control is another factor. Negative breeds negative so the programs you list are part of enhancing the condition. Find a good Psychiatrist that understands medication and cognitive issues and it will help. Sorry about the situation though; it is a tough one so keep at it and try not to give in to societal stereotyping.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts