Shut new drilling down

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by kyfarmer, Apr 30, 2010.

1. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

You better stock up on a little fuel now because with out even finding out what happen on the rig. Oboma has shut down any drilling for now. Watch the fuel prices creep up then if a man made panic starts on the markets, well ya know whats gona happen. For no real reason up they go. How high buy the end of next month do ya think it will climb. I expect at least $3.25 a gal for gas anyway purdy soon.

2. sewserious

sewserious Well-Known Member

All of this is just too "coincidental." One of the scenarios they are exploring is sabatoge. They have not ruled it out. I find it just too convenient that the safety measures, stuff to close of the well in the case of an accident like this, did not work! There are forces at work to destroy this country; and this is just one more thing. Food prices are being hit hard by inflation because we are using food to make fuel; which is about the most inefficient use of crops that anyone has anyone has ever come up with.

Get ready. I don't think it will be long until hyperinflation sets in no matter what the Fed does.

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

The local gas-watch said that the price of fuel is expected to rise another $0.08 / liter and that some stations have already jacked it up that much! :gaah:

When the whole market tanked, I was borderline "unemployed", took a pay-cut to keep working and the price of gas became affordable again. At $0.92 / liter is is just barely affordable (price for fill last night) - at the height of the gas-prices I was paying $1.25 / liter :surrender:

4. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Sure, raise the gas prices and watch the economy take a deeper nosedive. And while we're at it lets shut down our own oil production so we'll be even more dependant of foreign oil.

Gives you a lot of confidence in the people running the country.:gaah:

5. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

Not to say there may not be somefunny things going on, but I worked for Shell Offshore for ten years and Shell Chem. for another five. I been on and close to most of those rigs out in the gulf. Scary is not even the word I would use to discribe what gose on out there.
    It is one thing to have safty valves in place, but it is a whole nother matter wither it works or not under certain conditions. In a land base operation you always can run out and crank down on the mannual valve, but 5000 feet of ocean may have given many second thoughts on that option.:scratch

6. kyfarmer

Rough guess now is 200,000 gal. a day flowing into gulf. Man what a mess. I do think this will hurt the country, short term and long. I swear i had the same thought, a anti engery boma opens up drilling and before the ink gets dry this happen's. Weird ya reckon.

7. sewserious

sewserious Well-Known Member

My understanding is that this safety apparatus should have triggered itself, no human involvement needed. I am not saying it was sabatoge either, just thought it was interesting that it hasn't been ruled out. Usually when something like this happens, the first thing we hear from the government is "nothing to see here, back away" :dunno:

8. Littlebit

Sewsericous....Yes a Automatic valve will trigger its self, but if it fails and there is no mannual bypass that a worker can get to in time then you really have no hope in stopping any problem from getting out of control.
    I found it interasting that the Goverment sent swat teams out to inspect the rest of the rigs myself. Why would you send swat and not safety inspectors instead. At least they would know more about the rigs. Maybe I did not hear that right.:scratch

9. kyfarmer

You heard right Swat Teams were dispatched to some other rig's. I think there's something they are not telling us, ya reckon. Naw that can't be right. After all this is the most transparent bunch ever on the hill, how do i know they told me so. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  10. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

our cheapest gas is 3.25, 3.41 is most expensive in town, 8.85 is the most expensive I've heard in the state

actually as disgusting as this sounds our state rep's are saying it'll be a boon for alaska and our permanent fund dividend

11. Littlebit

:beercheer: I HEAR YA!

12. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Another article

I found this via the David Icke site and it has some interesting information on our latest oil blunder in path to become less dependent on foreign oil. We need to get off oil as best as we can as fast we can and stop filling the oil companies pockets.
    Mother of all gushers could kill Earth's oceans