Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who like a shotgun for it's versatility I've found a very extensive ballistic test for various rounds with photos. If you ever wondered what each round would do- this is the link for you.
SG Gel test

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ballistics, not just shotguns.

If you want to learn about: ballistics, or shooting things, or you ever wondered about the limitations, or capabilities of firearms in general.
Log onto the website boxotruth.com the man that runs all the
field testing is 'a riot' with a plain/no-nonsense manner of explaining
the; urban myths, and the mysteries of all types of firearms, under
any and all conditions. NO! I don't work for him, neither am I under
salary to this site, I found it early last year, and have enjoyed every
bit since.

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
how far away were they from the gelatin when they fired? I didn't see that, only that they were taken from a "known distance"

i'm guessing it isn't muzzle to gel close but are we talking about 3 feet, 1 foot? are these representative of a target that would be in ones home at a distance of say 10 feet?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
how far away were they from the gelatin when they fired? I didn't see that, only that they were taken from a "known distance"

i'm guessing it isn't muzzle to gel close but are we talking about 3 feet, 1 foot? are these representative of a target that would be in ones home at a distance of say 10 feet?
Deeper in the article they mention 3 yards and some out to 5 yards.. I've never conducted this kind of test but by shooting all buck shot sizes at standard Bianchi Plates ( 8") out to 30 yds # 1 buck was the only one that would knock down the plates at that range, #4 was a waste of time as was 00... I also have tried lately the Controlled flight buckshot (00) and it is the best for reaching out a ways.. I do wish they would make that load in #1 buck...

I've shot a lot of slugs and have found they all perform good as to accuracy but the Win. full power slugs are the best in my Saiga..very good out to 125 yds, that's where I stopped testing them..

Just my take on a very good test!!...great post..

And I agree the Box O Truth is a very good site!!...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts