Shelf Reliance Long-Term Storage Food

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by swede, May 5, 2011.

1. swede

swede Member

Shelf Reliance manufactures freeze-dried and dehydrated foods in dozens of varieties ranging from fruits like strawberries, mangos, bananas, etc. to vegetables, staples, and entrees.

Very high quality and economical.

For more info, please see Shelf Reliance.

I just made a smoothie with some of their dehydrated strawberries and it was wonderful! Like making it with fresh strawberries!

Swede

2. Centraltn

Centraltn Well-Known Member

Thanks.. looking into it!

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Care to share with me how you make your smoothie?? I'm dieting and doing great--that smoothie sounds really good:eek:...thanks

4. swede

swede Member

I've found that making smoothies (and anything else) with a blender works best when you have a "real" blender, not the kind they sell at the department store. I have a KelTec HP3. (yes, that means three horsepower - it also does double duty as a trolling motor). The machine will blend cubes into very finely crushed ice. It can blend whole apples so finely you don't notice the seeds.... <grin>

For normal smoothies, I use ice cubes and fruit juice or milk. I also add fresh fruit. It just takes a little practice to get the consistency right. If it's too thick, add a little more milk/juice and blend again. Too thin? Add more ice or fruit.

Today I was having a "diet" shake made with dry powder. It doesn't taste all that great so I was trying to enhance the flavor. I just added the dehydrated strawberries and blended. They were chopped so fine that they were thoroughly rehydrated by the time I drank it.

The other thing I like to add to shakes, especially the diet shakes, is vanilla. It really enhances the flavor.

Enjoy!

5. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

thanks!!:flower:

6. swede

swede Member

I rehydrated some mangos tonight and they were delicious, but it took about five minutes to completely rehydrate. (The instructions were a bit optimistic saying 1-3 minutes).

Also, I put some of the dry mango "chunks" on a bowl of granola which was quite nice as well.