Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a 'military grade' 800 lumen tactical flashlight that is being advertised online.

Has anyone ordered these and tried them out? They look great and have received a few good reviews, but the price when ordering in bulk seems to good to be true.

·
WELL SEASONED
784 Posts
Flashlight

It is a 'military grade' 800 lumen tactical flashlight that is being advertised online.

Has anyone ordered these and tried them out? They look great and have received a few good reviews, but the price when ordering in bulk seems to good to be true.
Can you supply a link so that we know what you are talking about?

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
I have never even heard of that company or product, which in and of itself lends to skepticism as I am kind of a flashlight junkie. I do however own a similar product by Fenix, which is a tried and true company. I have several of their lights but the brightest is the Fenix TK35. It produces just shy of 1000 lumens. It impressed me enough I have one in every car and a couple in the house. I watched sale pages and end up buying them for around $80-85 each. Now there is a new TK35UE model out that pushes out 2,000 lumens and costs about $120. Both are still available.

http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=1166&tid=8&cid=1#.VtBgsFQrLIU

·
WELL SEASONED
784 Posts
I'm leery of their advertisement. They say military grade yet offer no military spec equivalent number. The offer of 75% discount is available on the purchase of 5 or more yet they are available on Ebay for less then what they have if you purchase one.

If LEDs are over driven by a higher voltage they will be extremely bright with a very short life span. Let the buyer beware.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=shadowhawk x800&clk_rvr_id=988223887964&mfe=search

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those look like great options Sentry. Thanks for the link.

I think I was most impressed with the X800's claim that it gets the 800 lumens from 3 AAA batteries.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Looks like a less than trust worthy company.

From their their web site "The National Gun Owners Association has announced a limited-time 75% discount for new customers today only while supplies last."

Then I looked up NGOA and got this.
Ripoff complaint.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Natio...ng-to-issue-refund-St-Peters-Missouri-1289519

Seems to be a shady outfit.

There are so many Chinese knock off flashlights it's almost impossible to know the truth.
Think I'll stick to know brands and companies.
I have a drawer full of knock offs and I don't need any more.:(

·
Registered
310 Posts
Anytime you add the label "tactical" to an item, the price goes up by orders of magnitude. Plenty of options for bright flashlights with rugged cases for much less money.

·
Annoying pain in the.... knee
925 Posts
They are all over my facebook ap. Seems they put up a half dozen blitz ads a day. They show cool images and talk about how special forces use it, navy seals love it, bears run scared.

But if you look at the pictures they supply, it is obvious that the scene being illuminated is lit up by a spotlight off camera. Also the prop of the flashlight they use on the ap do not match the actual item. My favorite is a prop of a star wars lightsaber with a laser coming out of it. They say it is a flashlight.

Do a search for the x800 and rededit. They posted a scathing company review of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the links and warnings. Ads for those lights are popping up everywhere online. I wonder how many unquestioning folks get ripped off because they do look great.

·
Annoying pain in the.... knee
925 Posts
Took a while but it popped up again. 1 Lightsaber flashlight!

Attachments

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
I sent them an email a couple weeks ago. They answered all my questions it was made in China. I'll stick with stuff I know I already have a few china made lights. I prefer US.

I did buy a China made light sold by Duracell®. The switch went out but Duracell® sent me an entire new light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts