Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep, it's right around the corner. I lived in New Orleans, Chicago, Philly and San Francisco to name a few places, when I was in the military (I retired in '94) and experienced floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and blizzards before moving to E.Texas. I long ago learned that once bad weather's on it's way or a disaster hits, it's usually too late to do and find all the things you should have taken care of earlier. Now is the time to take fix any potential problem areas - remove dead trees, make any necessary home/auto repairs, make sure the emergency generator has fuel and is in good working order, etc - plus check & update your emergency supplies and equipment.

We have a few tornadoes pass through our area each year as well as the occasional hurricane/tropical storm every few years. I'd rather be prepared for the worst and not have it happen than hope for the best and... well, I'm sure you can guess the rest! :rolleyes:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.