Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://reason.com/blog/2017/07/17/sessions-announces-justice-department-wi

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Justice Department will issue new directives to increase the federal govenment's use of civil asset forfeiture, a controversial practice that allows law enforcement to seize property from suspected criminals without charging them with a crime.

Speaking at a National District Attorneys Association conference in Minneapolis Monday, Sessions said state and local law enforcement could expect changes from U.S. Attorneys in several areas: increased prosecution of gun crimes, immigration offenses, gang activity, and prescription drug abuse, as well as increased asset seizure by the federal government.

"[W]e hope to issue this week a new directive on asset forfeiture-especially for drug traffickers," Sessions said. "With care and professionalism, we plan to develop policies to increase forfeitures. No criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime. Adoptive forfeitures are appropriate as is sharing with our partners."​

No, Jeff. It's theft.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You're right, it's theft. Regular old mom and pop,companies get caught up in this. The IRS does this...freezes your assets and you have to prove you are not a criminal. It should be the other way around. After all, these people work for us, and are paid out of the money they collect from our hard work.
It'll be interesting to see the interpretation of cracking down on the prescription drug abuse. Drug companies aren't going to like that one bit. About half the people I know are on some kind of mind numbing prescription drugs...to be happy, to sleep, to control road rage....and don't even get me started about the drugging of our senior citizens and then putting them in dementia homes.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
https://reason.com/blog/2017/07/17/sessions-announces-justice-department-wi

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Justice Department will issue new directives to increase the federal govenment's use of civil asset forfeiture, a controversial practice that allows law enforcement to seize property from suspected criminals without charging them with a crime.

Speaking at a National District Attorneys Association conference in Minneapolis Monday, Sessions said state and local law enforcement could expect changes from U.S. Attorneys in several areas: increased prosecution of gun crimes, immigration offenses, gang activity, and prescription drug abuse, as well as increased asset seizure by the federal government.

"[W]e hope to issue this week a new directive on asset forfeiture-especially for drug traffickers," Sessions said. "With care and professionalism, we plan to develop policies to increase forfeitures. No criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime. Adoptive forfeitures are appropriate as is sharing with our partners."​

No, Jeff. It's theft.
Totally theft. I knew he was just another snake in the grass.

Maybe by the time another couple of old people lose their home and assets because a druggy relative visited people will wake up and of course it is too late anyway.

All the people who think they are immune to this will not be immune to the violence and crime neither will their family members who will live in this society. Thats the ones I worry about is teh youth who will pay for our complacency. What we leave them is not a good thing.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
You're right, it's theft. Regular old mom and pop,companies get caught up in this. The IRS does this...freezes your assets and you have to prove you are not a criminal. It should be the other way around. After all, these people work for us, and are paid out of the money they collect from our hard work.
It'll be interesting to see the interpretation of cracking down on the prescription drug abuse. Drug companies aren't going to like that one bit. About half the people I know are on some kind of mind numbing prescription drugs...to be happy, to sleep, to control road rage....and don't even get me started about the drugging of our senior citizens and then putting them in dementia homes.
So true. It is not just this but also highway robbery now they can even take your credit cards with a traffic stop. ERAD I think it the name of the scanning assets gadget.

·
1,292 Posts
So true. It is not just this but also highway robbery now they can even take your credit cards with a traffic stop. ERAD I think it the name of the scanning assets gadget.
If they take my credit cards, well they can't charge to much on them lol.

·
Void where Prohibited
747 Posts
If they take my credit cards, well they can't charge to much on them lol.
If they take your cards, they better accept the bills too!:D

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
This is just a wild hair Floating across my pea picking brain. but first so I don't get jumped by those who support marijuana, I don't care if it becomes legal or not. I don't care one way or the other, so this is not a weed bashing post.

Now to my crazy thought. What if the feds allow the left coast to build a huge weed economy and then threaten to seize the assets? How many billions would they loose? Could they cut back their budgets enough to prevent bankruptcy?

I have talked about a hammer to pound Liberal nails, I think that would be a very big hammer.

Want to end sanctuary cities and states, hammer their weed business, after they depend on the income. Art of War, cut the supply lines. Just a thought.

·
Banned
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go ahead and get a Constitutional amendment banning pot and then maybe the Feds can try something like that. Until then, it'd be theft. Just like CAF.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
While I believe there should be tight regulations and oversight on forfeiture laws, I personally have no issues with drug dealing scum buckets helping to flip the bill for the messes they make. The body cams my officers wear were paid for with drug dealing scumbag forfeiture money as was one of our surveillance vehicles (used by the drug task force). The money also helps support the detox wing of one of the hospitals, one of the local rehab centers and for therapeutic programs for the abused spouses and children of dopers. The process however is fairly long and requires a few judicial hearings. It's not as easy as people in this thread seem to believe. Most of what we seize is vehicles used to haul drugs and large amounts of often "unclaimed" cash sitting in duffel bags coated with drug residue. And most of the people involved in these stops are foreign nationals who don't know where they are going, where they are coming from, what's in the trunk, who owns the car, etc., etc. We also get some nice cars from the local heads of the distribution network. The kinds of scumbags who drive a tricked out Lincoln Navigator, are flush with cash and wear a gold Rolex but live in subsidized government housing and receive EBT.

Why would anyone seize your credit card? That would be pointless.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Go ahead and get a Constitutional amendment banning pot and then maybe the Feds can try something like that. Until then, it'd be theft. Just like CAF.
It has gotten to the point where anyone can make an amendment, who needs the rule of law and congress? :rolleyes:

War on drugs is very profitable for the feds so why would they want to cutoff the flow? Legalization would not be as profitable although they could get their cut from the lobbyist who will be the new dealers. Big pharma and aggreculture is salivating on this one.
Poor pot head will be very unhappy once they realize the THC has been removed, no more trips without leaving the farm for them.:eek:vract:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
While I believe there should be tight regulations and oversight on forfeiture laws, I personally have no issues with drug dealing scum buckets helping to flip the bill for the messes they make. The body cams my officers wear were paid for with drug dealing scumbag forfeiture money as was one of our surveillance vehicles (used by the drug task force). The money also helps support the detox wing of one of the hospitals, one of the local rehab centers and for therapeutic programs for the abused spouses and children of dopers. The process however is fairly long and requires a few judicial hearings. It's not as easy as people in this thread seem to believe. Most of what we seize is vehicles used to haul drugs and large amounts of often "unclaimed" cash sitting in duffel bags coated with drug residue. And most of the people involved in these stops are foreign nationals who don't know where they are going, where they are coming from, what's in the trunk, who owns the car, etc., etc. We also get some nice cars from the local heads of the distribution network. The kinds of scumbags who drive a tricked out Lincoln Navigator, are flush with cash and wear a gold Rolex but live in subsidized government housing and receive EBT.

Why would anyone seize your credit card? That would be pointless.
Including bank robbery with ERAD. Just another right we lose in the name of 'terrorism and crime.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
And then you have dirty cops planting [ which is rare ,imo ] drugs along with asset taken. And the more incentives the more it will grow.

Although I used this video in the debate, this man is one of the main problems with the huge black problem and crime and killing their own. He gets popular we need somebody who really cares not this hustler,imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts