Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
The forum is open for "anyone" to read - well - certain sections are open to all. This room is quite secure, so you are more than welcome to keep posting in here.

Right now we are watching iprepare143 not sure if the person posting is a spammer (IP-address resolves to India) or not. There was a second "person" posting from the same IP-address that just got the boot as spammer ..

We (Dean, BB, UJ, *A and myself) will take any suggestions from the people who have access to this section.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Sounds like our forum is successful enough that it is being infiltrated, we must have some substance to us.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Looks like their IP-address is a match to their described location - NewMexico.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,696 Posts
I say we roll out the red carpet and show our liberally educated new member we're not all Rambo wannabe's and nut-jobs.break out the fishing and home-canning threads and post lots of scenic pics of deep woods cabins and such and keep the assault weapon and sniper rifle threads to a minimum,that means cutting the heads off any "mall ninjas" that drift in...just act like we're all dirt people.

The [email protected] will get bored and go away.;)

Let me run some backscatter for you guys.

Me to She:
Well,you've managed to scare some of our more secretive members to death,but after "Waco and Ruby ridge" can you blame them?

Anyway.

What are you looking for and how can I help?I've been told a book could be written about me.

What branch of the Government did you say was getting this study again?

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
We have had them before ... and I say we will have them again ...

Just watch your six.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Blind em with our brilliance or baffle em with bullchit... They can read all the past posts and know all there is too know... mainly that we like to garden, like raising animals to eat and we like guns and storing food... all of which are perfectly legal ..and "SOME" of us...ahem...:D have stated that we may be a tiny bit disenchanted with the Government.. no secrets here lol... in fact if they want to round up all the people who don't like the ObamaFairy they will need to use the Red states to hold us...OH wait!! we're mostly already there... damn penned ourselves up..:eek:

There was another poster a while back that had the same line as I recall.. ain't seen or heard from them ...

Screw em..I'm too old to hide.. to grumpy to give a shit...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Suppose it could be pointed out that I ran on my criminal record and am now vice mayor of my city. Were ust all good ole North Americans with a few others sprinkled in.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Felonious landscaping was your charge, wasn't it, Sail? With a misdemeanor charge of malicious litter cleanup and city beautification thrown in for good measure...

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the desperation coupled with the incongruities (from what the samples are for to just whom the poster is looking for) post-to-post leave me to call "shennanigans"

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,696 Posts
Everybody read the last line...anyone besides me smell a rodent?

Elle42 said:
Magus said:
Elle42 said:
Magus said:
Well,you've managed to scare some of our more secretive members to death,but after "Waco and Ruby ridge" can you blame them?

Anyway.

What are you looking for and how can I help?I've been told a book could be written about me.

What branch of the Government did you say was getting this study again?
Magus, this is a dissertation for Northcentral University and has nothing to do with my current job with the Forest Service. My degree is in Homeland Security Leadership and Policy. I am a prepper myself and thought long and hard about doing this. No names will be used in the study. In the future I will be calling for people to be interviewed. The questions are fairly benign. The study is the evolution of some survivalists into the prepper social movement.

Elle
Well first of all,"preppers" are a different breed than "survivalists"at first there might seem to be similarities and even cross over but in reality,a "prepper" is just someone who stocks back a little extra "just in case"much like one's grandparents putting up canned food and extra hay.its not a movement of any sort,its just people having good sense.if you're looking for a "movement" to observe,there are still plenty of nuts and militias out there with every agenda from white supremacy to President Obama is a reptilian space alien and is related to the Queen of England.the best place to go nut gathering is on the short wave radio,most of the truly nutty ones cling to radio because"them computers can read your mind and in Jewish numerology the word computer adds up to 666"kind of lunacy.

I'm up to being interviewed,just not over the phone.I have to know someone fairly well before they get my phone number,the world is full of nuts.;)

What do you want to know?
Magus
I am not allowed to interview you now. I will get back to you around Jun/Jul
:scratch That when the warrant clears?LOL

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Suppose it could be pointed out that I ran on my criminal record and am now vice mayor of my city. Were ust all good ole North Americans with a few others sprinkled in.
I remember that! You assaulted a public lawn with a lawn mower! You devil!

Next thing we know you'll be sneaking around washing the windows at city hall. Don't ya know it's not politically correct to do good deeds?

I've been off for a while -- hope your leg is mending, Sail.

As for the wannabe Ph survey, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. If it's on the net -- it's on forever.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Anyone who says "trust me" that much always makes me worry.

·
edirPsmaP
1,587 Posts
Anyone who says "trust me" that much always makes me worry.
Haha! I caught that too! I kind of sounded like "Trust me! We are the gov't and we are here to help!"

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Yeah...the old it was only driven by a little old lady on Sundays bit.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Let's just invite them in, join them for a few drinks, and watch them pass out. :beercheer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts