September Weather

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, Sep 1, 2010.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

It will not feel like fall around here for a few more days ... mid to lower 90s till Friday then lower 80's after that. (Lower 80's sounds nice :D)

No problems with Earl for us ... so they say. We will see.

What is going on in your 'neck of the woods'? :D

2. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Hot, humid, and rainy. Business as usual. :eek:

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Cold, wet and frost-warnings .... hasn't changed much all year. We have had the longest "spring" in my memory of living in this area. The weather-guy is saying that our "spring" is sliding directly into "fall" ... :dunno:

4. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

low to mid 90s here all week long with hopefully rain on the weekend for some relief

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Had to cover the garden the last few nights. Got down to 29 one night and 32 the next. High yesterday was 52, rain off and on.

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Yeah! I think I'll stay where I am, although last year we had frost in early Sept. :eek:

Mid 90's and low humidity here all week. Maybe a few clouds from "Earl" Friday night and Sat.

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

58 this morning ... man it feels nice outside. All the critters are acting a little 'frogy & frisky ...LOL... So I guess they like it also.

8. UncleJoe

DRY! I'm down to about 75 gallons of water in the rain barrels. If we don't get some rain soon I'll need to start using the well, something I haven't had to do at all this year.

9. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Beginning to feel traces of fall, cool evenings, hot days. Gray fall storm clouds over the lake and smelled burning leaves while out sailing on the lake, that's definately a fall oder around here. Lake temp. is beginning to slip a bit.:cry:

10. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Yes, Fall is well on its way. The leaves here are starting to turn and fall nuts starting to fall. I like this time of year. :flower:

Fall mums, falling leaves and cooler temps:2thumb: I'm back to doing my walks again ... (and watching out for snakes :rolleyes:)

Its very nice!:D (all but the snakes :D)

11. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Mid to high 90s day mid 70s night time temps. About right for this time of year.

12. NaeKid

The weather channel is tellin' us to prepare for snow by the end of this week!!!

13. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Still hot, humid, and miserable with afternoon showers every day. Plus, keepin' an eye on the hurricanes and tropical storms. Just a typical September day. ;)

14. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

WOW!!!

Temps here are nice ... and cooling down (but no where ready for snow) ... I like HarleyRider am keeping an eye open for the hurricanes and tropical storms.

15. UncleJoe

We finally got some rain on Sunday. I have 60-70 gallons in my garden water tank now. Not much, but it's better than nothing.
    Mid to upper 70's for highs. Mid 50's overnight. :) My kinda weather.

16. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

We've been threatened with rain all week, still nothing. The humidity is oppressive.

Never mind as I was writing my post it started!

Freaky.

17. UncleJoe

Another half inch of rain last night. :2thumb: Rainwater tank is 1/2 full. It's a shame the garden season is winding down. :rolleyes:

18. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Rain for 3 days straight now. Our rainwater tanks and barrels are full, and like UncleJoe said...the garden season is winding down. Soon we'll have to drain everything for the winter. Cold rain, too, in the low 40s.

The leaves are about mid-way turned up here. Lots of yellow, some orange and red.

19. NaeKid

Well - I didn't get the snow in my front yard here, but, snow happened yesterday in the NorthWest quadrant and the SouthEast quadrant of the city. It was only raining here at my house during that time-frame.

20. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Lots & lots of rain here ... ...FLASH FLOOD WATCH/WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...

NOAA radio started about 4 this morning and a short time after that the scanner. It has been an interesting morning. (Andi rubs eyes from lack of sleep) lol