Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is posted on the US Senate web site:

"Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process"
Senate Judiciary Committee
Full Committee
DATE: September 14, 2010
TIME: 10:00 AM
ROOM: Dirksen-226

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:
September 7, 2010

NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing entitled "Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process" for Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.

By order of the Chairman.

That's all it said. Anyone know anything about it?

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I saw it on the Drudge Report ... but have no clue ... other than what was posted... which was the same thing you posted ...

I'm no help ... sorry.

I need to look up who is on the Committee ...

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Well NRA has it in a LEGISLATIVE ALERTS ... you can check it out on their webpage ... for some reason, I'm having a problem posting links ...

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
It's an election year folks

And the dipchits want to toss a bone to the gun owners back home to show they care about the 2A, but when they open a can of worms who's to say what worms get put back into the can? maybe a few "strange" ones sneak in.

Nobody can convince me that the anti gun business as usual Dim-o-craps are suddenly worried about BATF excesses , never happened , never gonna happen.

We all need to remember it was the ATF that gave us that thriller called "Waco..up in Smoke" and I can't recall any senators calling for the ATF to be reined in when that happened.

I don't trust them with feeding a dog properly much less doing anything to benefit the American gun owners.

I'm such a cynic

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
The dimo-craps are worried about re-election and need something they can point to to distance themselves from the administration and government control. The changes are miniscule and safe in today's political climate so they're for them. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

I seriously doubt there's been any change of heart among them. Just a reality check.

The government is trying to avoid a lawsuit over Montana's gun law that bypasses federal controls for firearms manufactured and used in the state. They will probably lose in court. However, the law was written in such a way that they'll have to challenge it just to make sure it makes it's way to the Supreme Court.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
The dimo-craps are worried about re-election and need something they can point to to distance themselves from the administration and government control. The changes are miniscule and safe in today's political climate so they're for them. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

I seriously doubt there's been any change of heart among them. Just a reality check.

The government is trying to avoid a lawsuit over Montana's gun law that bypasses federal controls for firearms manufactured and used in the state. They will probably lose in court. However, the law was written in such a way that they'll have to challenge it just to make sure it makes it's way to the Supreme Court.
A Fed stooge judge in Missoula tossed it out and now of course it will start the road to the SCOTUS where it was headed all along.. I wish we could sell Missoula to Calif...be a good deal for us... Fruits nuts and flakes... San Francisco in the Rockies

·
3,698 Posts
A Fed stooge judge in Missoula tossed it out and now of course it will start the road to the SCOTUS where it was headed all along.. I wish we could sell Missoula to Calif...be a good deal for us... Fruits nuts and flakes... San Francisco in the Rockies
We could sell them Missoula and Bozeman in a package deal. (No returns allowed, of course.)

·
Registered
684 Posts
NRA sent me some toilet paper on this thing I think...
Something about 'Reform' of existing firearms laws so you get a hearing in front of a judge instead of a bureaucrat yanking your licence over clerical errors, stuff like that...

If it's the same thing, it's being pushed by the NRA, and there isn't any opposition to it that I've heard about.

Supposed to be a rider in there somewhere about commercial drivers being armed for haz-mat loads and military loads instead of hiring security services to shadow the truck.
The way it stands now, at NO TIME is it legal for a DOT vehicle to have a firearm on board.

As I understand, the screening process is going to be like buying a Class 3 firearm with FBI background checks and all, and it's going to require the carrier to carry at least 3 million in insurance bond for EACH driver.

Since my family is in trucking, we don't have ANY IDEA how industry thinks that is going to save money over two stooges in a car with guns...
And I wouldn't want our drivers carrying loads that required firearms, they all have families and signed up to drive, not play 'John Wayne'...
Besides, there isn't an issue with takeovers or hijackings of loads anyway in this country....

Now south of the border where they WON'T be able to carry firearms is another story!

The military contract guys are pushing that one... Don't know if it's in the same bill or not, but it's being kicked around.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Whoa there spanky, NO SALE!, I got enough here to handle as is, we don't need any more. I agree there are some here in that "Fruits nuts and flakes" category though.

·
Beginner's Mind
230 Posts
And the dipchits want to toss a bone to the gun owners back home to show they care about the 2A, but when they open a can of worms who's to say what worms get put back into the can? maybe a few "strange" ones sneak in.

Nobody can convince me that the anti gun business as usual Dim-o-craps are suddenly worried about BATF excesses , never happened , never gonna happen.

We all need to remember it was the ATF that gave us that thriller called "Waco..up in Smoke" and I can't recall any senators calling for the ATF to be reined in when that happened.

I don't trust them with feeding a dog properly much less doing anything to benefit the American gun owners.

I'm such a cynic
Agreement. Count me as a cynic/realist also.

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
Y'all got that right. If Big Goobermint were at all interested in 'reining in excesses', that boob Janet Reno would be serving time in prison........ :mad:

·
3,698 Posts
Y'all got that right. If Big Goobermint were at all interested in 'reining in excesses', that boob Janet Reno would be serving time in prison........ :mad:
:congrat: :congrat: :congrat:

You got that right! Talk about government sponsered terrorists.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts