Self-sufficient by Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by diane5000, Jan 29, 2010.

1. diane5000

diane5000 Member

2. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Are you trying to make your own power and grow all your own food? How far along are you to becoming self sufficient? Keep us posted. I'd like to follow your story and I wish you all the best. This forum has tons of information that can help you. :)

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Jason,

I think that Diane and her hubby have also been helping us. They have some amazing stories about their place.

Diane,

I was thinking about you guys and was wondering how you were fairing this winter so far.

4. diane5000

diane5000 Member

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest. Yes this is a wonderful site for information and support. We have a small solar system.

We have a long and hard way before self- sufficiency. Our goal is Thanksgiving, hence, our
    "Homesteader Challenge" http://www.frombeyondthegrid

5. diane5000

diane5000 Member

Hi NaeKid,

It's a challenge staying warm...very cold here.

Diane and Warren

6. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Diane, I skimmed your website and was really impressed. Didn't spend much time there but it is bookmarked and I will be reading in more depth as time and my dialup connestion allow. Thanks to you and Warren for taking the time to post about your experiences, both good and bad. I've never seen your site before but will be stopping by often.