seeatle news.

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by md1911, Apr 26, 2012.

1. md1911

md1911 Member

A survivalist is suspected of killing his wife and daughter. Setting their home on fire and dissapering. The news said he was preparing for doomsday.

2. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

If true, it sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. It will be his doomsday soon enough. If true, I hope they get that tard and string him up.

3. md1911

md1911 Member

I tried to post a link but couldn't get it to copy

4. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Another idiot.he should have included himself in the clip.stupid jack@$$.

5. md1911

md1911 Member

I agree but its dumb#$$es like this that make everyone look bad.

6. lazydaisy67

lazydaisy67 Member

Dead Survivalist?

Heard on CNN today that a "survivalist" was found dead in a bunker on his property. They made it sound like he had threatened to kill his wife and daughter, but there was no mention of their bodies being found or that they were missing in any way. Will be interested to see if this story unfolds further and how it is reported.

7. FatTire

FatTire Member

The story on yahoo says he. Was wanted for killing his wife and daughter....

8. ms_a2gwus

ms_a2gwus Well-Known Member

Yes, I thought I'd add the link to back up your previous comment for others to read. Sad story.

9. lazydaisy67

lazydaisy67 Member

So apparently the wife and daughter are missing? He is suspected of killing them but it didn't say because they're missing or not. Anyway, it caught my eye because they said "survivalist" like it was a naughty word on CNN, lol.

10. OHprepper

OHprepper Well-Known Member

no. what i got out of the article is that he withdrew all of his money, shot them both in the head, and tried to burn down the house. then went to his bunker. And while that is a very sad tale, lets face it. things like this happen all the time. the only reason we are hearing about him being a survivalist, is because the police werent able to go get him and haul him off. he was prepared for the eventuality that someone would discover his bunker, gas him, and try to get him out. when it didnt work like it usually does, there were a bunch of LEO's going...."****".....while this is a tragedy and something obviously snapped in this mans head, i have to say. seems like he knew what he was doing while prepping.

11. FatTire

FatTire Member

They aren't missing, they are dead. The guy was clearly a psycho. It's sad that nutjobs, racists, and other assorted loons are artracted to the survivalist/prepper lifestyle, but that is the reality. And sometimes it makes news.

12. partdeux

partdeux Senior Member

I just watched this on the news, it wasn't clear to me watching the reporting that he had actually committed a crime. They spent most the time talking about his bunker hidden in the woods. Damn those preppers, they're all nuts

13. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Peter Keller - survivalist kills self

Peter Keller, the survivalist who is reported to have killed his wife and kids and hid out in his bunker has also apparently committed suicide (according to the reports).

http://abcnews.go.com/US/peter-keller-alleged-killer-shot-washington-bunker-cops/story?id=16233994#.T5yF3hyfBDQ

Excerpts:

A tense Washington standoff at an alleged murderer's hillside bunker has ended after a body, dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot was found inside the hideout, police said.

Deputies said they were nearly certain the body is that of Peter Keller, 41, who was wanted on first degree murder and arson charges.

Once inside deputies discovered a body which they said appeared to be Keller, and it appeared as though he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Sgt. Cindi West of the King County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities are proceeding with caution due to the possibility the survivialist may have booby trapped his hideout, King County Sheriff Steven Strachand told ABC News.

Authorities have not seen Keller since they responded to a fire at his North Bend residence on Sunday. Inside, responders found the bodies of Keller's wife, Lynnettee Keller, 41, and daughter Kaylene, 19.

Keller is believed to have spent eight years planning and building his bunker, as well as stockpiling food and supplies, police said. Over night, lights were seen flickering on and off from inside the bunker.

Thoughts? Comments?

14. FatTire

FatTire Member

Already another thread on this

15. Von Helman

Von Helman A very simple man

I'm adding another oxymoron to the list .. you know Oxymoron's like Jumbo-Shrimp, Ethical government,

well here's mine... "Suicidal Survivalist"

16. Tweto

Tweto I love the smell of Argon in the morning

Hey the therapist said I was OK!:dunno:

17. Ncognito

Ncognito Well-Known Member

Oh you'll just love this.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/0...goes-to-ground-in-huge-earthen-bug-out-bunker