Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed something...yay for me,I'm not brain-dead yet!LOL

Certain weapons seem to be better suited for certain times of the year,and I'm not just talking about hunting season either.

AR-15s,Mini 14's and a lot of 22 rifles seem to do better in the spring and summer months.

FALs,HK-91s,M1-As and M-1 Garands seem better suited to late summer to early winter.

AKs,SKS,most MILITARY bolt actions,Israeli Galil and pumps seem to go best in bitter winter conditions.

Guess it has to do with where they were invented.I've had rifles that function flawlessly in the warmer months give me crap in winter.the only weapons I can honestly say work 100% year around is an SKS,I just wish they were more accurate.<----1 hole freak.LOL

My Mauser also works well in any weather and it will stop ANY game we have locally,but 8mm is a problem to get here,I stock up at every gun show.

Anyway,anybody else notice this or am I thinking too much again?:p

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Magus... man you gotta stop smoking them Kraolas... :D or eating the green brownies... they don't care about seasons.. maybe lube in very cold weather ..but I guess with your theory it gives us a reason to buy more guns1! and that's a good thing!! pass the brownies!!:D

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thpppppppppppppp.

brownies.....lol

Really,anybody notice this?could be my 20 wt oil mix...........

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can attest in my Active Duty days that your cleaning regimen changed with the weather. That not only would account for different dust/grime stirred up at certain times, but also the amount and type of lubes needed too. Other than that, I don't have a great deal to add about seasonal choices in loadout.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking about coating everything in dry lube and seeing how everything likes it.its a lube and repels moisture and doesn't break down under pressure.my AR-15 hates winter.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I'm thinking about coating everything in dry lube and seeing how everything likes it.its a lube and repels moisture and doesn't break down under pressure.my AR-15 hates winter.
A lady friend of mine who is a bigger gun nut then i am... is working with some stuff called Frog Lube.. she got a sample at the SHOT show and she read up on it and seems to think it's the cats Ass.. we are going to the Big Gun Show in Tulsa on the 2 and 3rd... hopefully there will be some there.. I'll let yawl know...

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Report on Tulsa GS

Folks if you have never been to the big ( 4500 tables) in Tulsa I can only say ..there's another in Nov... I saw some damn good deals..I took a rifle I've had a while never shot it, took it in trade... made it 50 yards across the parking lot when a guy chased me down and bought it...he was thrilled I was too!..

I saw stuff on sale that I didn't even know were available !... some maybe shouldn't have been...?????....

Here is a vid of one toy I got....

Now I will admit I've been playing with FA weapons since I joined the Marines at the tender age of 17 , I also have been a FA C3 dealer...so to say I enjoy FA is a true statement, to say I'm not overly impressed with it on a daily basics is also true... in the hands of the untrained they are great if that person were in a fire fight in a phone booth... but as a rule I think handing the typical teenage grunt a FA is a way to really up the sale of ammo but lower the body count..

Now if the Zombie JBT's are crashing your door , they ain't comin to sell you some Avon then maybe it's a good thing since you won't be crossing the river alone..

As anybody who has be in an overrun situation can attest to concentrated FA is great for breaking the BG's back..and ruining their lunch plans.. or...taking as many of the bastards with you as you can !...

I figure the Fed will wake up soon and say "OH SHIT!!!" what did we do????!!! and stop further manufacture of these little beauties...

As soon as we drove into the door yard here at home we changed oe of my AR's and it went into rock and roll just like the vids!

If I had the extra bucks laying around I'd grab a few more just as preps!..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts