Scored good taday.

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by OldCootHillbilly, Jun 24, 2011.

1. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Wen't ta goodwill taday. Was a great shoppin day there.

Got lots a goodies. Picked up several tins fer different kits at fifty cents each. A nice small one what was a candle I got ta make inta a char cloth can fer my pack.

Picked up a leather bota fer four bucks.

A new oil lamp fer two bucks.

A set a five mason jars with handles fer two bucks, gonna use them fer emergency oil lamps.

Nine an a half pounds a candles fer six bucks.

All an all a real good day shoppin.

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Your goodwill is a lot better than ours ... I've been checking ours about once every few weeks ...

But nothing really to be found. :(

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

idk if this is a nationwide trend... but the employees at all the local Goodwill/Salvation Army Stores treasure-pick what comes in

I know this from seeing easily identifiable items I have donated to them at the flea market, at the booth of someone I recognized as a Goodwill employee!

4. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

@Blob-niiice... Makes you really just want to donate, doesn't it?

5. power

power ExCommunicated

Same thing happens around here. One local goodwill has people working 8 hours a day baling and shipping clothes overseas. Everything else is picked over when it comes in.

6. Nadja

Nadja Well-Known Member

Although my wife used to be able to find some interesting things, over the last couple of years, nothing. I am sure it is all picked over. Prehaps by people of like minds to us ?

7. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

I go to Goodwill and pick through their plates and the like. I usually find maiji-period Japanese porcelain that people don't know what it is and donate it. I sell those on eBay with other things. lately, I have found Goodwill jacking up their prices a LOT. I've seen unmarked hand-painted plates for $9.99 when they used to be $0.99-$2.99.
    I all but stopped going to the Humane Society thrift store. They are worse than the Goodwill. They think they're the Tiffany's of the thrift stores, lol