school paper help needed!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by TrackerRat, Jul 2, 2011.

1. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

I am doin an online course and have been told to write a paper in chicago/turabian stle. Iv never even heard of it till now. Does anyone have an example of how it looks. Iv searched everywhere for a sample but only find notes/tips.

Here are the instructors words:

Purpose : This assignment is for you to gain a deeper understanding of Athens and Sparta. You also will gain experience with Chicago/Turabian style citation methods.

Assignment: You will write a three to five page essay comparing and contrasting Athens and Sparta government, military styles and customs and which society of the two offered more freedom to its citizens. You must use Chicago/Turabian style citation for Any information that is not your own conclusion. All facts, paraphrasing and direct quotes must be cited. Failure to cite information in your paper will result in an automatic deduction. You may use your text book and any other sources that you want to, but absolutely no Wikipedia or encyclopedias can be used for reference. These sources are unacceptable for college level research and writing.

2. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

I'll look in my old world history book and see what I can find.

3. TrackerRat

Thanks so much, each class has differnet styles of formats and this is a foreign language to me

4. Meerkat

Sorry did'nt find anything.Must be some new age thing.:dunno:

5. Meerkat

I looked in my world view book and in my atlas of biblecle names and places.Nothign came up with sparta or turabian.

6. TrackerRat

7. Meerkat

Noodlebib has what you need but i can't pull the page up!:confused:

Maybe Ephream and David.I think its a greek turkey type lango,but not sure.

8. Meerkat

I'm sure someone will come along and help you.

9. Elinor0987

Elinor0987 Supporting Member

10. TrackerRat

That definately helped. It lists how to note online articles aswell. Thanks a bunch!

11. Meerkat

12. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

I know that the outline said not to use wiki, but it gives a good over veiw and a place to start Sparta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Once you have the info finding it else where should be easier