Sarah Palin talks on Glenn Beck

Discussion in 'Politics' started by watchman220, Jan 14, 2010.

1. watchman220

watchman220 ExCommunicated

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  2. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Whether you like the lady or not, you can't disagree with that interview!

3. greaseman

greaseman Well-Known Member

Palin will surely be the candidate for the tea party movement, if the Republicans don't nab her first. I believe she is somewhat dismayed by the treatment the republicans gave her, and will jump on the tea bag movement. They are looking for a leader, and she is looking for a cause.

if the Massachusetts senate goes republican, the Dems know they have had it, and it's curtains for them in 2012. if mass. can go Republican, any seat can go Republican. The Mass election results will be monumentaly important to the Dems. They need that 60th vote to block Republicans on the health care bill. Very interesting times ahead.

4. watchman220

watchman220 ExCommunicated

Palin said in that interview something like she thought it was better to go Republican so we do not split the vote like when Perot split the conservative vote and we ended up with Clinton.

The last thing we need is a third party in this fragile system to ruin our chances of voting in majority for Palin or the like...on a republican plank.
    IMHO. I know alot of people that feel the same way.

cheers!

5. greaseman

greaseman Well-Known Member

sarah palin

The Republican party is going through a metamorphisis right now , trying to figure out who they are. In my opinion, there are too many moderates in the Republican party that are running it, and they will again dilute the real strength of the party.

There are a lot of Republican faithfull that are disillusioned with the party. I'm one of them. I'm ready to vote independant. If the independants snap up Palin, I believe they can beat both major parties by 2012. That's how much I believe people are pissed.

Even in Massachusetts, which is a super heavy Democrat state, a significant percentage of Dems are crossing party lines to vote for Scott Brown. if the Republicans win this seat, the Dems wil see the handwriting on the wall. Brown is edging out Coakly mainly on the healthcare issue. That's how much voters hate this bill.

In the near future, we will see what the effect of "wildcard" palin is going to have on the vote. My curiousity is peaked to see how many Republicans will go to an independant party vote, or stay loyal to a Republican party they don't really agree with. I'm frankly pissed with the Republican party, as they had their chance to slow down deficit spending, and they did nothing. We will see what happens. I'm really looking foward to next week's results in Masssachusetts.

6. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people that were moderate independents or conservative Democrats are turning to the Republican party. Is that diluting the Republican party? Yeah, a bit, but I'd rather have the votes in the conservative corner, however they get there. I think that at this point, people are clearly associating "Republican" with "conservative" and "Democrat" with "liberal scumbag". Sad that it has taken this long, but I think that conservatives will always win in the end, as most liberal agendas are sort a flash in the pan until they find the next major "feel good" movement to hitch their wagons to.