Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post a link for the list of salvage grocery stores. I save alot of money going to one in Pa. I get bags of coffee for $2, pasta .60/pound( afull pound not 12 oz!), progresso soups .50 each, they just had all their sunscreen for $2.50 ( thats a good deal).

Extreme Bargains :: Independent Discount & Salvage Grocery Store Directory

See if theres one near you. It just may be worth the drive.

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
If any of you live near an Amish community, there will be a salvage store. Little known fact is that distributors PAY the Amish to haul the stuff away. Ask around.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
We have one here called the bargain barn,4 boxes of mac n cheese for a buck,10Lb of roast beef for 13$ etc

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would caution everyone to actually get the number and call if you do not live in the same town. Norphlet Arkansas is listed as having a salvage grocery. But the store has been closed for several years.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
The one in Middletown, Pa. is closed also.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
We got somethin similar in a near by town. Get some mighty fine deals from that feller. Great way ta save some money if ya can use what they got.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Check With Your Local Restaurant Supply Store

The commercial restaurant supply stores can't sell the dented up cans sometimes .... might be an opportunity to pick up cases of #10 cans cheap ......

·
1,182 Posts
We got a store out near my house called Bickels. I haven't been there in years but I'm assuming its considered a salvage store. I'll have to go find it and look. =] Thanks for the link!

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. Will share this with others.

The list for Tennessee is out dated. I will send them a message to get it updated.

One of the original stores (DRS in Alcoa) is now closed.

Etowah has several stores.

Tellico Plains has two stores.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts