Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from Sailaway about an hour ago. He took a tumble on some ice on Sat. and broke his leg; both the tibia and the fibula. He had surgery Sat. night to have everything pinned together and is in a cast from his ankle to the top of his thigh. Hopes to get out of the hospital on Monday but doesn't know yet.

Just thought folks would like to know.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Wow .. sorry to hear that ...

I light a candle for him ... get well soon.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Oh, man! What a bummer! I hope he has a good recovery.

Keep us posted and let us know if there's anything we can do...like rent a huge billboard somewhere that says "Get well soon, sailaway" or something!

:)

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
Please pass along well wishes from me, when you talk to him again.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Also pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery. :wave:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Well, he didn't break his ARMS....tell him to get on the forum! lol

We miss him!

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
If you talk to him before he gets online, let him know that we are rootin' for him!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Horseman to Sailaway. Horseman to Sailaway. Come in Sailaway.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, he didn't break his ARMS....tell him to get on the forum! lol

We miss him!
You're so cold. :rolleyes: :D

I'll call him in a couple days and see how things are going.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
You're so cold. :rolleyes: :D

I'll call him in a couple days and see how things are going.
lol I'm sure he's feeling pretty miserable right now, poor guy!

Do tell him hello for all of us. :wave:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Holy cow...I know he travels a lot. Was he home or on the road? I hope he's doing well, relatively.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's at home, well hometown hospital anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Sailaway , sorry about the leg bro... but come on..Ice??? why would you be riding a bar stool on ice?... :D:beercheer::beercheer:

really hate hearing that... get well..

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
I text messaged back and forth with Sail for a while last night. He's in a full leg cast and flat on his back. He said he's needed some time for reflection and he believes that everything happens for a reason. He's doing well, relatively, but is welcoming all happy thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Jason. I meant to call him last night but spent all evening spreading salt before the ice storm.

Have I ever mentioned; I HATE ICE!! :gaah:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
I told him I'd be in touch as well. He said he's getting a Verizon stick internet thingie today or tomorrow so I'm hoping he'll be online here within the next few days.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Comming to you all live on line from the hospital bed in moms family room. A week ago today I had 4 1/2 hrs of surgery on my rt. leg. Broke my fibula & tibula when I slipped and fell on the patch of ice on the sidewalk last Saturday afternoon. That was after spending the morning at camp laying out the klondike derby. (jumping over snow & ice covered logs,branches, stones and a stream.) Civilization may just kill me.:D

Healthwise, I have a cast on my rt. leg from my toes to the top of my thigh. I have weaned myself down to 2 Perkidans a day and most of the pain is gone other than an occasional dull throb. Before and immediately after surgery they had me on morphine and 2 Perkidans every 4-6 hrs. if I wanted them. I am to be horizontal in bed for 2 weeks and in this cast for 6-8 weeks. I can get around on crutches to the bathroom and give myself a sponge bath without any help. It does begin to hurt when I'm up for a while.

In reviewing my situation I have looked at the immediate change in my life and the control I lost. The hospital bed had an alarm on it that would go off if I tried to get out of bed without any help from the nurses station. I was imobile and couldn't bug out if I had to. (made me think of all those nursing home patients who died in place durring Katrina) I still can't get to any of my preps, they are distributed in a couple of different areas and I still feel trapped. I cannot fit my broken leg into my car to drive it. The people I am currently surrounded by are sheeple and think I'm nuts when it comes to prepping I would have to lay in my bed and make suggestions. If I had to I could get a ride to what I needed and give instructions.

The future chief of security has been faithfully at my side. He now weighs 20#s and is quite aware of any noise around him. His name is Chaska and he is a total joy.

If you have any questions or suggestions about immobility please ask or share. We can figure things out together.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Good to hear from you, Sailaway!!! Keep your chin up and spend some time online here with your net friends. Since you can't do any prepping in the physical sense right now, do it in your head. Plan out what you want to do this summer and how you'll get your goals accomplished. Start a planning notebook. Spend some time bonding with Chaska and start teaching the pup some basic commands. I know it sounds easy for me to say, but just because you're stuck in one spot does not mean you have to be bored or unhappy(relatively). We're pulling for you!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.