Run, Rambo, Run!

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by gypsysue, Jun 14, 2011.

1. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Be sure and read the news comments after the story.

Undersheriff: Montana manhunt target a survivalist - Yahoo! News

Awful lot of manpower out there looking for a guy who led police on a "low-speed chase" until he finally jumped out and fled. National Guard. Search dogs and a helicopter. He didn't do anything, they were following him around for days trying to provoke something like this, according to local information.

A lot of "Michigan Militia" style claims about this guy.

Plus, isn't it illegal for the National Guard to assist law enforcement on American citizens on U.S. soil?

Oh wait..."illegal"...my bad. I meant "Undocumented" National Guard assistance.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Wow ...

In days gone by, he would have been called a "Mountain Man" or "Ranger" or "Guide" ... now he is a "survivalist" and the PTB are basically painting him with a giant-target on his chest ...

:dunno: Why do the PTB think that they need to control everyone? :dunno:

I might tell you why - because they know that if they can't control someone, that person might wake others up to the fact that they are being controlled ... :scratch

3. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

The more silent the majority of the people the more freedoms they lose.

All the people of Montana should have came out in his defence.

All the peopel of Waco should have cried out against the murder of innocent women and children,but they kept quite.

They would have caught the loony tune David Koresh sooner or later, instead they went in like they were on Normany Beach or something.

Sad part is we don't need to use violence to stop this dictatorship of past several decades.But soon even violence will not work.

4. power

power ExCommunicated

Even those he stole weapons from?

5. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

I'm not saying he did or didn't steal any weapons. I'm just asking you to be careful about what you believe. The media and law enforcement have both been known to play a little loose with the facts in situations like these. It might be nice to wait and hope the truth does come out in it's entirety.

Half the people I know could be prime targets for media or law enforcement misrepresentation. I just hope that if it ever happens to one of us that someone will keep digging until the whole truth is made public.

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

How do we know he really did steal those weapons? Do we know the rifles exist?

Sounds paranoid? Hah, I bet a few of us on here could tell of fabricated evidence and events.

Even if this story IS on the up and up, it's an awful lot of overkill to find this guy.

7. power

power ExCommunicated

We do know he was guilty of 1. conspiracy to possess an illegal firearm.
    2. Possession of a machinegun. 3. Felon in possession of a firearm.
    We also know he spent time in a Federal prison and was diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder.

8. Centraltn

Centraltn Well-Known Member

LOL Reminds me of the song "Run Bambi Run" You remember that one sue?

9. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

Hahahahaha
    :D:D:D

How many of us would they diagnose with paranoid personality disorder??? :nuts:

We really need to get to changing those gun laws so he would have broken no laws. Not that laws matter anyway, right? Probably this guy is nuts but I dont know that. Wish I had a machinegun! Maybe Im nuts? Anyone wanna join me in the nuthouse? :nuts:

10. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yup! :D

Regardless of what we DO know this guy is guilty of, it's still overkill. Excess, regarding the manhunt.

Being diagnosed as paranoid... I'd say if "they" wanted to, nearly all of us on this forum could be diagnosed with that! lol :D

A lot of what they wrote in the article is a bunch of bunk, and some of that will eventually come out. Project 7 was more of a theory than anything. They never got themselves together and had any sort of organization. Some guys would get together and complain about the government taking away our rights and freedoms. That's about it. THey did actually give it the name, though, but it was more of a joke/dream than anything. Yet the article says he was a leader or former leader, yet they never had a leader!

Kinda like having a certain amount of marijuana gets you a charge of "possession with intent to sell" even if you never intended to sell!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  11. power

power ExCommunicated

But he did have automatic weapons and explosives in his possession.

Who would be hollering the loudest if he had been given the chance to use either?

12. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

:D LOL ... Hmmmm ... so he could just be a nut! :p

I tend to believe that where there's smoke there's fire ... Not saying that the danged JBTs are always right ... or that the gov't always has our best interest at heart ... just that this guy isn't exactly pure as the driven snow either so ...

One thing I know for sure ... I don't want him showing up at my front door ... :nuts:

13. power

power ExCommunicated

I don't put much trust in laws, law enforcement officers, or the judicial system. But when man has automatic weapons and explosives and even a hint of using them on other people it is time to take another look.
    Also he plead guilty of these crimes. He wasn't found guilty.

14. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

True, on the charges from the first trial and his jail time served, at least as far as court records show. However, his side of the story is that they trumped up charges and charged him with so many false things, and he was badgered into a plea agreement in which he pled guilty. I guess we shouldn't believe him any more than we'd believe someone from the government's side of the case. And if he truly IS paranoid and they're not just out to get him, then that would make him say they "framed him", more or less.

Considering who COULD show up at the doors of your homes, I'd almost rather take my chances with this guy. At least I don't think he's on drugs or going to kill random people. He's 47 years old and the only trouble he ever got into was this so-called gun charge stuff in 2004.

By the way, their slogan was take BACK America, not take OVER America. They disagreed with the National Guard being sent to places like Iraq, that was their beef with the National Guard, not to go to war with or against them.

I'm not trying to defend this guy, but there is a lot of crap and misinformation in the news story. I doubt he fired on anyone or has any intentions of doing so. I don't think all cops are bad cops, in fact I think most are good cops. I have a son going into law enforcement and we have friends who are cops, our neighborhood has an unusually high percentage of retired cops. They're all good people. Doesn't mean they all are, everywhere. Maybe this one just had a bee in his bonnet about this guy. Then maybe he lied to cover his butt. Maybe.

15. mosquitomountainman

Ya have to wonder if he was such a bad guy why they let him out of prison.

I remember when his little group was broken up. Most locals considered them kind of a bad joke. They threw every charge they could think of to get him to cop a plea. The only thing they really had him on was the weapons charge. Regarding an "illegal" automatic weapon? If memory serves he had one on him when they arrested him but he didn't use it. There are an awful lot of people who own "illegal" weapons and have "explosives" yet are no danger to anyone. Don't get too hung up on what people have. One of the worst mass murders in US history was perpetrated with a gallon of gasoline and a match. The guy burned up a nightclub.

Liberals want to legislate against "things" and make the possession of "things" a criminal offense. Don't fall for that. Wait until the facts are known before making a judgment.

16. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

I'm sure not in a position to know who is the real bad guy here, but the Richard Jewel case (Atlanta bombing) comes to mind. He was, in fact, a hero who suffered terribly (and his elderly mother, too) at the hands of the fed. Waco and Ruby Ridge comes to mind, too.

What a damned shame. Wouldn't it be nice to live in an America where we could trust and support the FBI and other LEOs. I want to -- I REALLY want to, but only a damned fool would believe anything the fed says anymore.

17. mosquitomountainman

Don't forget the Hutaree Militia. Lots of press. Lots of accusations by the feds then the judge told the feds that they didn't even have enough evidence to hold them without bond! They're doing the same thing with them. Using the full power of the US government to make them cop to any plea to make the government look like they actually had a case.

18. power

power ExCommunicated

According to his own mother he had a history of mental health problems and became paranoid. He was released from prison because he had served his time.
    Don't know about anyone else and it is their choice but I don't want to be around a paranoid person with mental problems armed with automatic weapons and explosives.
    Everyone can make their own choice though. I just choose to be in a different place than people with that type of history.

19. mosquitomountainman

What makes you think there is no one like that near you? :eek:

20. power

power ExCommunicated

The law isn't looking for one yet around here. There was a prisoner that escaped from a nearby prison last week. The person who helped him escape turned him in. Seemed to me like a waste of time breaking him out.

Guess I am probably the closest thing to him in this area. The area just isn't big enough to have very many.