Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of these last week. Its a lot of rifle in a small package! It will be great in the deer woods this fall. It shoots nice tight groups but I ran out of adjustment for elevation and windage, which is adjusted from the rear sight only. Still hitting a little high and to the left.

I emailed Ruger and they responded quickly. Asked me to send the the rear sight, so that will go in the mail tomorrow. I don't intend relying on the iron sights, away, but I want them to be accurate if ever I do need them.

I'm thinking of mounting a Burris Scout scope. But Ruger included a set of traditional rings if I decide to mount a "traditional" scope in the future.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i might buy one for my kid, be a good first deer gun, we were looking at them 2 weeks ago, stock grip does not fit me, fits my teen age kid perfect though, mind you i have big hands.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't understand exactly WHY this was moved from the "protection" site and is now in with "livestock"!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
You've definitely had me looking at Ruger's website for the last hour or so... I really want a Vaquero! :D

·
Registered
3,183 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
because bolt actions aint been viable fighing arms for 60 odd years

that's why it's been moved to this "non-fighting" forum, I'd bet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts