Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
considering a roving life--will be able to do so in a year or so--want to get a class c type motorhome and wander to whatever takes my interest ---maybe stay a day or a month--whatever

at this stage im trying to learn what it takes to live this kind of life in the most economical and efficient way possible---to that end--im searching sites that
---teach a novice how to install a basic solar power system on my motor home roof---just read that a guy in nevada has a simple set up that meets his simple off grid needs with 4--2x4 solar roof panels---a 30 amp controller--4 deep cycle 12 volt batteries wired in parallel--with this set up he can
------------watch tv 4 hours a night
------------make 2 pots of coffee in the morning
------------run a small fridge (4-5cf) and use a small hotplate for 2 hours
------------has a simple 12 v led interior lighting setup
not sure what he did for heating--cooling

anybody out there installed their own small - 1-2 person small rv solar setup?

rover

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
considering a roving life--will be able to do so in a year or so--want to get a class c type motorhome and wander to whatever takes my interest ---maybe stay a day or a month--whatever

at this stage im trying to learn what it takes to live this kind of life in the most economical and efficient way possible---to that end--im searching sites that
---teach a novice how to install a basic solar power system on my motor home roof---just read that a guy in nevada has a simple set up that meets his simple off grid needs with 4--2x4 solar roof panels---a 30 amp controller--4 deep cycle 12 volt batteries wired in parallel--with this set up he can
------------watch tv 4 hours a night
------------make 2 pots of coffee in the morning
------------run a small fridge (4-5cf) and use a small hotplate for 2 hours
------------has a simple 12 v led interior lighting setup
not sure what he did for heating--cooling

anybody out there installed their own small - 1-2 person small rv solar setup?

rover
WELCOME, :welcome:Rover from a long time preparer.
I'm sure if you look in my past posts we have talked about my travel trailer set up, 80watt and 20watt solar panels, 40amp Trace C-40 charge controller, 4 T-105 6vdc batteries and a 1000watt inverter. I can run my HAM radios, TV, lights, propane heater with fan, and stereo on this.
The possibility of running a hot plate, electric coffee pot, and refer will make the system very large, more than my set-up.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Rover, sunds like a cool way to live...as for me, I could live without the fridge and TV, but the coffee pot is a MUST!! :)

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & Welcome :wave:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
If you ran a search on boondocking you will find lots of information about roving or being a gypsy ...

I run solar-systems on my camper, but, my camper is pure camper running on 12-volt only. I don't watch TV, don't use microwave - don't need the inverters to live in my camper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts