Rocky Mountains

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MEGRaven, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MEGRaven

MEGRaven Guy Fawkes

Hi All!
    My name is Mike, and I live in the Colorado Rockies. I am the owner/webmaster of SSRsi (Formerly Rocky Mountain Survival Group) at http:www.ssrsi.org and have been involved in the self-reliant/survival "movement" pretty much my entire life. I've lived in Europe, Central America, and seven different states, all of which has firmly convinced me (if there was ever any doubt) that, though we may have our faults and missteps, the American way of life and the American Constitution are unequaled anywhere on earth.

I am single, 48yo, and living in my intended retreat. I am a jack of all trades, master of a few, and intensely curious about anything I don't already know. I am an 8-1/2 year veteran of the Army, where I was a combat medic (MOS 91A/B/C, in my day) and eventually an Emergency room nurse. I now own and operate a small book/video/grocery store in the picturesque ski town of Dillon, at an elevation of around 9100 ft., and continue to operate (and hopefully improve) the Survival & Self-Reliance Studies Institute website (SSRsi).

I developed the idea of moving to/living in the area I feel is best suited to lessen (or eliminate the possibility of) the effect of as many common threats as possible back in the 80's. Now I am trying to convince others that a.) I'm not insane, b.) I'm not trying to "sell" them anything and c.) that the idea I have developed is really the BEST option for long-term survival whether anything ever happens or not. This idea is not trademarked or copyrighted and I won't feel bad if anyone else takes credit for it... because I believe it is the best, I'm willing to share it with the rest. In truth, it will work practically anywhere that conforms to the basic criteria outlined on the site at Summit County Survival Community (SC²) on my site. Please feel free to steal the idea, apply it yourself, distribute it to others, etc.

I've had these pages up for just about a year now, and (mail forwarding problems aside) really haven't gotten the response I expected. The only reason I can figure for this is that it takes a rugged individual to live at high altitude and there are many, many misconceptions regarding actual "livability" up here. That, or the website is not getting as many visitors as I think it is.

I blatantly solicit (and am so doing now!) information and articles for my site, as well as critique of the site and suggestions for improving it - either in the design/construction of the site or it's contents.

That's about it. Full disclosure and all.

BTW, I go by "MEG" which are, quite simply, my initials.

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Welcome to PS!

We are all insane to a certain point :wave:

As for how to make your website have more traffic - you might want to play with the seach-code that the spiders look for when indexing your site on the search engines and then manually visit each search engine, find their "spider-scan" page and put your URL into their system for them to index.

3. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:MEGRaven from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

5. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

I am an 8-1/2 year veteran of the Army - :thankyou:

Hello & Welcome!:wave: