Right or Left?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UncleJoe, Sep 14, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Which political party will best protect our liberties?

Summary: Our decades of experience with both parties makes this question easy to answer. Neither. They are partners, chopping at the tree of liberty from opposite sides. A harsh reality, which we avoid by seeing it only in our political opponents. The next post in this series identifies The guilty ones responsible for the loss of our liberties.

Looking at the many posts on the FM website describing the erosion of our liberties, one might ask how we got here. This post examines the two political parties that govern our nation. Neither has much interest in our liberty (of course, that’s a broad generalization; some individuals and groups within the parties do). Each has liberties at which they energetically chop away, and some less essential ones they treasure as mementos of what we once were...

...Choosing a party affiliation

Today we get to choose a political party like cattle at the Chicago stockyards get to choose a chute. The cattle (being smarter than us) don’t bother with party identification. They don’t cheer the “left-side” pen, or admire the virtue of its prisoners, the beauty of its fence, the wisdom of their keepers, or the free food. Those in the “right-side” pen don’t wear logos or trumpet their superior intelligence over those in the other pen.

The entire essay can be read here.

2. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

The first paragraph sums it up very well. A democrap lapdog or republicrap lapdog ... both are still lapdogs totally dependant upon thier master's whim. Both promise ... neither deliver.

3. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Picking a person to support

During the last election run up I really liked Ron Paul and he is the only Politician I've ever donated a dime to, 3 times I gave $25.00 to his campaign, mostly because I liked what he said and mostly because when I looked back on his years in office and in life as a Doctor I was happy to see he lived what he said, did I think he could win? hell no but the fact that somebody was out there saying the truth and doing so in the debates was better then the norm...

I hope he runs again and I'll support him again...

I never did think McCain picked the right person to run with him, I always thought Mrs Palin picked the wrong person to run with. I think she would have done better alone or at least as the pick who said "Uh no thanks" and then went out and captured the spot light.

I also find it remarkable that the key note speaker at a GOP convention who will always live in my memory was a Demo.!! Zel Miller !! never heard it said better!

American Rhetoric: Zell Miller -- 2004 Republican National Convention Address

In truth there are some good folks in DC we just never see or hear them because the "Media" don't want us to..

Politicians and Bull Chit have a common thread, if ya bury them the beans will grow better!