Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Woodchuck
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting article that brings up some of the same points we have discussed here and puts them in prospective based on what happened in Argentina.

"The year was 2002, and while the majority of Americans were completely obsessed with the so called "War On Terror" and other devices of distraction, something much more real and decidedly prophetic was going on in our southern hemisphere. Argentina was in the midst of total collapse, driven by banker fraud and extreme currency devaluation in tandem with government mismanagement and corruption. First, cities exploded with rioting and violence as Argentinian police and military attempted to crush all dissent. Soon after, displaced refugees from population centers along with roving bands of thieves flooded into the countryside, wiping out isolated farms, murdering families, and hunting down any small group of survivors weaker than themselves and flush with supplies. The authorities (and I use the term loosely) were too busy trying to suppress civil protests to bother protecting those who were caught unprepared."

More at:

Activist Post: The Strategic Advantages Of Community Building

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
"The authorities (and I use the term loosely) were too busy trying to suppress civil protests to bother protecting those who were caught unprepared."
Very interesting indeed. I hope not to be on of those who are caught unprepared. At this point in my life I am not in a location I can do much preparing physically but I probably could do a little more.

We are no different than Argentina -- we will follow the same path if we dont change some of the variables.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Its already happening in some areas,crime is on the rise.
Right now seniors are on the list to destroy,soon it will be the handicapped and those who condemn the dictators.Both parties and the independants are involved.Only we the people can save ourselves from these power mad lunatics in a peacful protest.
On talk radio and republican sites all you here now is how much SSI is costing us.Forget how much welfare from those who never paid a dime in is costing us,thats not spoken of.Don't admit that most people paid into this all their adult lives plus their employers also paid into it.Some months my husband had almost $1000 taken out plus his boss matched it.

These bastard commys don't complain about other 'insurence'they pay into that is also mandatory,like auto,home if morgaged,private planes and boats.Just SSI.Not complainign about what we spend on congress and theri families for retirements and healthcare that is much better tahn any damn medicare or social security.How about all the food stamps and section 8 housing for all these legal and illegals large families they keep bringing in while they tell us to adjust to hard times? Go to a Walmart and see whos driving the new big cars and trucks,its not Americans on the most part.
Violence is just around the corner,when the free food and money stops and its begining to slow down now,it will be hell to pay,no matter where we run to hide.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
You have to read a story written by a gentleman from Argentina who lived through the collapse ..

If you use Google, your search-term should be "FerFal's Argentina" and you will find his story, his blog and other things that he has shared with the world. I might even have a .pdf copy of his story hiding somewhere on one of my computers ...

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
You have to read a story written by a gentleman from Argentina who lived through the collapse ..

If you use Google, your search-term should be "FerFal's Argentina" and you will find his story, his blog and other things that he has shared with the world. I might even have a .pdf copy of his story hiding somewhere on one of my computers ...
Hey Boss, my equipment is not capable of loading most sites.Could you write a little something about it?

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
FerFal's blog: SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA

Attached is FerFal's story - it reads kind of like a cross between a story and a diary - very well written.

Attachments

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
FerFal's blog: SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA

Attached is FerFal's story - it reads kind of like a cross between a story and a diary - very well written.
Thanks for link,but this piece of crap webtv clicked me right back to here.And the pdf file is so small I have to magnify it to where it will make me crosseyed just to keep scrolling from side to side to read.
I will google it an read it when I go to library.:wave:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been reading fernfal blog for a long while now. I've lived in 3rd world countries and places that are a lot like what he is describing. The guy is right on the dot and extremely useful--no mall ninja crap in his writings.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Maybe I can get a cama suit and crawl under the fence at Camp Blanding and mix in with the marines.:dunno:
Guess no sense in quitting smoking now.Why torment myself and every living thing here if times running out anyway?Last tiem we tried to quit smoking we were building a book shelf,a hammer on each end.After having a discussion of how to,those hammers got closer and starting doing the talking for us.We sped to the store before we killed each other.All the stress of coming doomdom would be suicide without our fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts