Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally joined in 2010 and a bit later computer crashed and never got back. Now am in the country with a garden and did have chickens but considering another move so sold them a few months ago. I can anything that is not nailed down and practice frugality and bartering in our little community. DH is a disabled Veteran and I have no outside work out here in the middle of nowhere. We also have a couple of rescue dogs. That is all I can think of for now! Thanks for letting me re-join!!!

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
Welcome back snappy!

·
Banned
2,601 Posts
You are always welcome.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, you all!

We were considering a move to FL as that is where I am from but it just costs too much to buy anything there. So we will purchase in the area SW MS where we will get more bang for our buck! Or more house or land. DH is sending me to FL to visit after Easter since I have not been home in 11 years. We sold our home in FL 15 years ago when we were 45 years old, bought an older RV and started traveling out West. We went North in the summer to Cheyenne, WY and South in the winters to New Mexico or Arizona. Did that for 9 years. I worked as a waitress seasonally in both areas. Wouldn't change it for anything and even learned to pressure can in a travel trailer! It was a blast (not the canning), the traveling! Moved to MS to help dh's brother on his ranch and did so until DH became disabled. More later...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back again! Well, we bought our house in a tiny town in SW MS almost 6 months ago! 3/2 on an acre backed up to a creek with woods on 2 sides and it's right in town. Property is deemed rural so we have our 2 pygmy does, 3 dogs and a cat who has just started hanging around. I go to a Church a half block away, so i walk if weather isn't bad. Property has a 20X30 ft. concrete outbuilding that plan to make into a canning kitchen eventually. Money, you know! That about catches me up. Looked like the diary type of section is gone. Changes!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome back, Snappy1. I have driven through Cheyenne, Wyoming many times in my life. Wyoming is so different than many other places. I remember my first time driving there. A sign said, next gas, 76 miles. Yes, it is wide open and uncrowded, except when they had the eclipse this summer.
Cheyenne is by far, my favorite place in this country! One time we were driving our minivan up Warren Ave. (main road) and were pacing an antelope running beside us! Another time DH saw an antelope chasing a coyote down the road. You never know

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
Cheyenne is by far, my favorite place in this country! One time we were driving our minivan up Warren Ave. (main road) and were pacing an antelope running beside us! Another time DH saw an antelope chasing a coyote down the road. You never know
I know Warren Ave. I would have expected a coyote to be chasing an antelope, not the other way around. You have to wonder what happened to create that scene.
I am from South Dakota and have lived in North Dakota as well. I tend to take I-25 north through Cheyenne, and then go a little ways and turn north on Highway 85.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know Warren Ave. I would have expected a coyote to be chasing an antelope, not the other way around. You have to wonder what happened to create that scene.
I am from South Dakota and have lived in North Dakota as well. I tend to take I-25 north through Cheyenne, and then go a little ways and turn north on Highway 85.
I would have expected the coyote to chase the antelope also. Wish I could have gotten a photo. That coyote was bookin'! Maybe tried to get the antelope's baby?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts