Regional forum?

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by Turtle, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Just a thought . . . I've noticed a few threads along the lines of "Anyone from ______ want to meet up?"

I know I have found very few folks in my area. Maybe we could do a break-down along the lines of "Mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes, New England, Southern Eastern Seaboard", etcetera?

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Good idea.

I implemented that a while ago on our original site (JeepForum.com) years ago and it seems to work well enough. For now, I think that we are still small enough that setting regionals might be counter-productive, but as we grow bigger and the need really shows itself, that will be implemented for sure.

3. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I haven't looked into it lately but on other forums we put in a frapper.com map where members can specify their location as well as see location of others. That could be handy since people can see who's around them when at home but also members that may be in their targeted BOL's.

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I was just having a thought - you could create a "community" using the options near the top of the screen - click on the drop-list for Community then SocialGroups and follow the instructions on screen from there ...

5. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

That's a good idea, Vance...try it out that way and if it takes off we (you) could start a proper regional breakdown.

Me likee! :D

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Jason, I think he is telling us to go ahead and start our own regional groups in the "community" section under the social groups heading. I'm headed there now to investigate how it might work. :)

7. Jason

That's the way I understood it too. Didn't have time tonight to look myself at the community groups. My point was if the regional social groups start doing well then maybe they'd migrate to the main forum page. Realistically, though, the social group thing is probably all we'll ever need. If you figure it out, I'm definately on board with joining up.

8. UncleJoe

Sorry. I misunderstood you. :rolleyes:

It's done. :)

9. UncleJoe

10. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

11. TimB

TimB Member

I'm in. :wave:

Tim

12. Jason

Ditto. Thanks for setting it up, Joe.

13. UncleJoe

Looks like this is going to catch on. :congrat:

One thing I'd like to mention to everyone. Let's not get so wrapped up in our own region that we forget to post ideas and info on the main board for all to use.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  14. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

Great point! Using the regional to setup meet and greets and or post events local to the region,

15. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Someone please put up a map and show the region's I,am in Ky. and do us old hillbillies go to the north or south. I,am almost on the Ky.- Tenn. line so i,am purdy far south so puter out there. I don't feel MID-Atlantic :D , i feel like an old southern redneck hillbilly, but i,ll go either direction. :dunno:

16. UncleJoe

We're really just wing'n it here. There's nothing set in stone.
    I'm in Pa. so I set up a mid-atlantic, Expeditioner is in Fl. so he set up a SE.
    Maybe I'll look for a map to do some artwork on and put it up.

17. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Wow! this definitely got a bigger response than I expected! Thanks for setting up the groups, guys!

18. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

:threadbump:

A bump for the new members ... if they want to check out the regional groups.

19. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Well, I hope we continue to see you guys here on the main one, too! Sure love the company!

20. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. I'm in. But will continue to post on the main one too. I don't think we can ever have too much information.