Recent Shootings

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by Von Helman, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von Helman

Von Helman A very simple man

Well two shootings in two days,

Welcome to America! Is this sort of thing an indicator of things to come or do we just add it to the list of all the other mass shootings in the recent US history?

Must be something in the water in the USA, Hmmm

2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

The shooters always go to a place where they know people are not armed. Gun free zones are a load of crap. Everyone should be armed at all times. It should be a citizens right and obligation to be armed and on guard to protect the public good.

3. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

There have always been killing sprees as far back as the 1800's. The only difference these days is the press coverage.

But the Fort Hood shooting has really started making me think about our role in Iraq and Afghanistan. More importantly, why the hell are we there? It's not to catch terrorists. It never was.

4. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

An armed society is a polite society.

And I think that at least some of these *******s who shoot up schools, malls, whatever, do it just FOR the attention, media coverage, whatever you want to call it...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
  5. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

It doesn't really suprise me that a muslim would kill americans so he would not have to go to another country and fight muslims.

6. allen_idaho

His religious beliefs had absolutely nothing to do with killings. And he was an American killing other Americans. Don't forget that.

I know it has become the norm lately, but please refrain from the anti-muslim remarks. All religions are stupid. Not just theirs. Don't blame an entire culture for the mistakes of a few.

7. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

But - there is a difference. If you are Buddhist you wouldn't go out of your way to kill. If you are Hindu, you wouldn't go out of your way to kill. If you were Christian, you wouldn't go out of your way to kill. Yes - history shows that there were killings (wars) among those groups, but, they were true wars. What we have right now with the Muslims isn't a war - its a slaughter where the extremists believe that killing anyone who does not think their way (including their own wives / children) is right.

There is a difference between war and murder. Extremist Muslims have crossed the line between the two just as the heads of Nazi-Germany had crossed the line between war and all-out murder.

Our visit to Afghanistan is to help save the lives of the wives and children from the crazy acts of the fathers. So far - I don't believe we are doing a good job of it. :scratch

8. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

This United States Citizen served as both an Enlisted Soldier and a Commissioned Officer and would have raised his hand, voluntarily, multiple times before the US Flag, reciting, voluntarily the oaths below:

Enlisted oath
    "I, Nidal M. Hasan, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

Officer Oath
    "I, Nidal M. Hasan (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of Major do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

No excuses
    No forgiveness
    Nuff said

9. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

If he did not want to be in, they were ways for him to get out. No excuse whats so ever for that act.

10. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

You nor I have any certain way of knowing for sure if his religeon had anything to do with it or not.I am only using the information I am given to form an opinion. You have yours ,I have mine.If I am Anti Muslim It is because I am anti jihad . My religeon doesn't call for the death of others.So before we embark on an assinine diatribe lets:kiss: And make up.

11. Canadian

If he was an atheist I'd say his religious beliefs had nothing to do with the killings. If you are a religious person of any denomination it will certainly have an influence on everything you do including killing.

If you are an atheist it is your choice. However, please respect the religious views of people who use this forum. As a Christian I do not agree with your statement that "all religions are stupid."

Please post a retraction of your previous statement. Prepared society should be a polite society. Nobody has insulted your intelligence based upon your views. Please show the same respect to all the other forum members.

I politely ask you to please post a retraction or edit the original post. There's certainly a way to express your view without the use of a personal insult.

Please play nice. We all want to be friends here. What makes our lives great is the freedom to believe what we want and to chose the life we want. I respect your choice. Please show the same respect for others. We can agree to disagree but personal insults should not be part of the forum.

With Respect

Canadian

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  12. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

What Survival Nut and KyFarmer said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. allen_idaho

I'm afraid I'm going to have to stand by my statement that all religion is stupid. It really is. I have nothing against your beliefs. I feel that you should be able to believe what you want any time and any place. But a person's beliefs can be manipulated in such terrible ways.

Every time a christian blows up an abortion clinic, shoots a doctor, or sends anthrax through the mail in the name of God, that is stupid.

Every time a bunch of christians show up to a military funeral and scream hate at the grieving loved ones while stepping on the American flag and carrying signs that read "God hates fags", that is stupid.

Whenever a muslim extremist straps himself with semtex and walks into a crowded area to detonate it because his religious leader told him it was what his god wanted, that is stupid.

Don't even get me started on those neo-nazi idiots.

But my intial point was that not every muslim is going to become a suicide bomber. Not every muslim is going to call jihad and go on a shooting spree. Just like not every christian is going to blow up an abortion clinic. Do not pigeon hole the entire culture.

14. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I respect that you will stand by your statement - yes - religion can be stupid. I created a "religion" that is now officially listed in StatsCanada's statistics. I grew up in a Christian home with missionary relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc) - even my parents had a mission (Christian Gospel singing group for 7+ years).

The religion that I stated that I was part of is the "Universal Church of Jeep" of which I am a minister and I have disciples in it as well. There are many chapters in the "Universal Church of Jeep" through-out north america - some official, some not as official, but all just as fanatical as any other church that you might visit.

You to can become part of our religion if you haven't already. Yes, it is stupid, but, you know what - sometimes being stupid works.

15. diane5000

diane5000 Member

Shootings

Very profound insight NaeKid.

Diane

16. GatorDude

GatorDude Well-Known Member

In deference to Canadian limitations on freedom of speech, I'll refrain from blanket statements about Islam. However, the Ft. Hood soldiers were certainly casualties of political correctness. There were plenty of warning signs that the shooter was sympathetic to the cause of Islamic extremists. There were plenty of warning signs that he disagreed with the U.S. policy and sympathized with Taliban and Al Queda fighters. Our U.S. constitution says that you cannot discriminate against people based upon their religion. However, the shooter should have been identified as a security risk and his anti-American, pro-enemy, statements should have gotten him in serious trouble and--at least --dishonorably discharged from the Army. It appears that the shooter made anti-American statements to others in his chain of command, to his fellow soldiers, and to some of his patients. It's a little scary that his fellow psychiatric workers weren't able to recognize a psycho in their midst.

17. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

On top of all these killings, Cleveland, Oh. just arrested a serial killer who had 11 womens bodies in his back yard. He may be linked to a series of murders 20 years ago called the strawberry murders. Makes me want to carry my gun more often now.

18. GatorDude

GatorDude Well-Known Member

Crazy islamicists not withstanding, you still have to watch out for urban yutes, banjo-playing "Deliverance" extras, and well-dress Ted Bundy-types. In other words, just about everybody... :rolleyes:

19. Canadian

You do put down an entire culture by saying all religion is stupid. I've never done any of the bad things you talk about. In fact I only ever do things for charity as a part of my religion. The implication that I'm stupid because I'm religious is insulting. I'd like to think I'm living proof that religion is not stupid.

This board is supposed to be a place for friendly discussion. Not a place for blanket insults against board members. Prejudice and discrimination are not in the spirit of this board. Anyone making prejudice remarks based upon religion, race, ethnicity, etc will receive an infraction.

20. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Islamic religion in its self i don't think is evil. But the silence of it as a whole not speaking out about the extremist say's a lot about it to non muslim's, it's a fact that cannot be side stepped. Religion is not stupid but there are a heck of a lot of stupid people in charge. If people are offended by the straight out truth, it say's a lot about the condition of the world today. Political correctness will be the death of a lot of inocent people. No offence intended toward anyone or anything. Just stating a fact of life.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.