Ready for gardening

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by neldarez, Apr 10, 2011.

1. neldarez

neldarez Supporting Member

Hi from Washington state. I'm totally new at this, have never posted on a forum before. I'm looking forward to learning and also sharing with folks of like mind out there. I'm an avid gardener and sure wish spring would settle in! I live on the east side of the state where it gets quite hot and dry. We also experience very cold and snowy winters and I'm ready for the nice weather and to get going on my garden. Pleased to meet all of you......:)

2. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

Hello from Washington as well :p
    It SNOWED here 2 INCHES in an hour freak snowstorm last week. For a few days prior, we had a week of 55-60 degree weather. Now it's back to rain...it's so wet here :( Thank God for greenhouses!

:welcome:

3. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

Come on in and lets talk gardens ... :flower::flower:

4. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

5. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Welcome enjoy! And be encouraged.

6. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, we just got our garden off to a good start this past weekend with 3 varities of tomatoes, hot and sweet peppers, eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash, radishes, lettuce & beets. Potatoes, cabbage, onions and strawberries are all doing well. Blueberry bushes are loaded with tiny berries. I love this time of the year.

7. neldarez

neldarez Supporting Member

planted beets today, the weather is unseasonably cool here in eastern washington. Yesterday we had a heck of a storm, lightning, hail, downpour and I was told at church this morning that we had a small twister......the times, they are achanging. Hope the fruit trees are alright, many orchards on this side of the mtns. I've been dehydrating a few more things, trying my first batch of jerky right now. Google said to use flank steak, I think NOT, over $7 lb. nopers, so I slashed up a roast. We'll see. Any advice is always appreciated........God Bless

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

You're not all that far from us. We're just across that little piece of Idaho, in Montana near Canada. We've sure had some challenging gardening the past couple of seasons.

Sounds like you've got a good start on things!

:)

9. Davo45

Davo45 New here

Welcome

Welcome from Alabama where we've been having an unseasonably warm spell the last few days...going into the low 90's in places.

I have several small raised garden beds and plant everything using the "Square Foot Gardening" concept. I never even had an interest in gardening until 2009. I have no clue why, but am sure glad I decided to get into it. Now if I could get the stupid squash borers, cut worms or whatever they are from killing all my squash and cucumbers when they start producing. :dunno:

Anyway, glad to have you here.

Take care

10. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Welcome to the forum!