Razor Grass as a deterant...

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by lexsurivor, Aug 5, 2010.

1. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

Im talking about the grass that grows several feet high and is found in wetlands. It has long thin leaves that stick to you and cut you.
    I remember a post a while back about plants to deter people.

I can tell you that walking through it to find an arrow is not fun in shorts and a t-shirt. It hurts like a ***** too and the cuts are usually 3 inches long. I figured that if you planted alot around your house it might deter an undetermined person. Also when you plant the seeds put razor wire or barb wire over it so it grows through it for a 1, 2 punch. The grass would help hide the wire.

2. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Sounds good. If I come to pay you a visit, though, we'll just meet at the General Store. :eek:

3. lexsurivor

4. Jaspar

Jaspar Well-Known Member

Sounds like sawgrass. I played with the stuff in the Everglades.

I would guess you would need really wet soil for it to grow, but I could be wrong because I'm just guessing. :D

5. lexsurivor

Yep its sawgrass and 30 feet behind my house is a protected wetland. And then to the left is a big pond with some pretty large fish. The wetland is pretty big we've had Deer fawns, fox, a big turtle (looks like it make a good soup) 10-15 lbs, some coyotes, and more rabbits than can be counted. All in the middle of a small neigbor hood.
    P.S Im thinking ill bug in:D

6. WhiskeyReb

WhiskeyReb Never quite ready

Just make sure and leave yourself a way through it so that you don't hem yourself in.

7. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Use Kudzu instead. It'll cover your whole house in a week, then no one will be able to find it. :eek:

8. philjam

philjam Well-Known Member

Multiflora rose is an invasive species that is impossible to get through.

9. OldFashionedMama

OldFashionedMama Partyin' like it's 1699

Yes but then it will cover everything else in its path, eventually taking over the world :eek: Still a great idea though....I've heard they use wisteria over in Europe to cover old houses. That would be prettier at least. Although can't the seed pods of kudzu be used for food?? Might be a better option if it provides nourishment...