Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday afternoon I was on my way home from a full day of Essentials of Firefighting training. This is a 166 hour class that is divided into 4 modules that we are doing on weekends. We'll finish Mod 2 next week and then take the winter off, then finish in the spring. We were at a neighboring fire hall in the town of Elizabeth. Just up the road from the firehall is a little corner bar. Most bar patrons park either right on the street or in the small public lot across the street from the bar. Elizabeth has 2-one way main drags going thorough downtown, and the bar in question sits right at a corner with a traffic light. I waited at the red light behind one other car, then went when it turned green. No other car was behind mein traffic. Right in front of me, 3 people (all probably in their 50's) RAN out into the street waving their arms. I thought someone was having medical trouble or something. Then one other old b*tch (sorry, this really makes me mad) ran out behind the others, looking like she was flagging me down. I stopped, abruptly, and here they all ran into the damn bar. They just couldn't wait until my truck went past to go have their drinks. What are these idiots going to do when everything tanks. They're more worried about having a beer than staying safe in traffic, let alone keeping themselves ready for some real disaster or problems.

:gaah::nuts::dunno:

Ok I feel better now. I just had to get that off my chest.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
never underestimate the power of STUPID people in large groups

or small groups for that matter :gaah:

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
Stupidity is a genetic defect prone to people who don't like thinking for themselves.:surrender:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I hate it when some other bastard gets my seat at the bar to, i,ll tell ya. :gaah: If they was in their 50,s then most likely was about to pee and needed the bar restroom, :rolleyes: yea that was it. Ya mean you could not wait for those elderly folks to try and make it to the restroom. Give us old folk's a break. :D

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
For some reason STUPID people have been coming out in full force - as of late. :gaah:

You know the person in the store that parks their buggie in the middle ... then looks at you like you are the crazy one, when you ask to get by. (that is one of many)

Lots of stupid stuff going on and around ... make one wonder ... you know ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts