Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are a lot of people on here that have a mentality of "Us and Them" meaning the citizens and the government. Quit looking at everyone who is payed by the feds or by the state as being the evil corrupt one world power mongols.

I know a lot of police officers and I have served my country proudly. Understand that many cops are former service members who believe in the ideas of our forefathers and believe in the constitution. Many of these officers are worried about the governments actions themselves and would side with you in a heartbeat. If you see a cop dont just assume he is part of the NWO and cant wait to get you into a fema camp (If they truly exist)

Officers are dads, moms and vets and have the same values and beliefs as you do.

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
I do not see our local deputies, police officers, etc as 'them'

But how about federal employees? Those on a different level.

Not to go into too much, my concerns lie in the personal motives of those in federal positions.

I own two businesses. Rather large volume busineses. Whenever I call a federal agency, i.e tax office, etc. They get so deep into my personal business that has nothing to do with the call. I may be asking a simple question on how to fill out a form and before I know it they are stating they are recording our conversation, they are pulling up my complete tax deposit history, asking about number of employees, stating numerous times that when deposits are due, and I have NEVER been late for a payment...NEVER...but when I call, I feel like I'm being raked over the coals.

I don't call them anymore. I put cell phone numbers on my paperwork, not my home number. I don't like anything federal. Right now, hubby is applying for a FEMA loan. they came out to inspect the damage, etc just yesterday. and now he's having regrets. It just doesn't feel right...I can't put my finger on it...I told him not to do it. Now we are in the system! LOL!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
TrackerRat, IMHO the "us and them" attitude is completely justified. I don't mean we should hate every cop or gubmint employee, but plain and simple, government is far, far too big; far, far too intrusive; and individual LEOs with few exceptions are arrogant and almost always elitist. The Constitution? Wassat?

Regarding LEOs, the arrogance and elitism was proven yet again 2 weeks ago. I was talking to a retired cop who is now a part-time deputy sheriff. We started talking guns, training, etc. He seems like a decent guy.

The discussion turned to some "war stories" on the highway. In very short order he related (bragged) how he was "doing 85" !!! :eek: in his personal car down near Philly and got pulled over. He flashed his badge and -- you guessed it -- they talked shop for a few minutes and he was on his way.

Pardon the heck out of me, but that pi&&es me off on a number of levels. I should respect outlaws just because they have a badge? IMHO, any cop who pulls that sort of crap should be fired and jailed. If he/she can't obey the law how can they fairly enforce it?

At the local, state and federal levels, virtually every agency has arrrest powers and the firepower to administer it. We have literally become a police state.

Do ya really think the Department of Education needs shotguns?!:eek:

·
Banned
399 Posts
Not all LEOs and govt. employees are the same. Just one who is crooked makes many more look bad. Usually when there is one bad one there are many others that have knowledge of it and by their silence are approving of it.
I live near a small city, one so small that the police force cannot use radar guns. Their police force, in numbers, is equal to many large cities. All made possible by a major highway passing through it. One trip to their court to observe would show anyone how crooked their law force is.
Another near by large city the police force is known for their crooked deeds. One police officer was caught a short time back in another state with a car load od drugs. When stopped she tried to use her badge to get away with the drugs. Another police officer has killed two unarmed men and is still on the force. The police chief was removed for sexually harrassement.

Some people in some places have a very good reason to think it is "Us and Them".

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
The problem isn't the little guy in the government, it is the far-reaching profile on each person that is created by computer-programs. If you get stopped for speeding, if your licence plate gets randomly checked while you are at a sports-pub or nudie-bar, if your taxes are paid a little "late", if .... and it all ends up in some sort of database with your name on it.

Those databases are cross-referenced with bank-accounts, credit-card numbers, etc and profiles are expanded even further.

The higher-ups in government might mandate a closer look at your profile and that gets put into the database as someone of interest.

Even the little guys that are in police-work are in that same database and everything they do gets recorded and put into there as well ...

No-one is safe from the profiling unless you are a hermit, then you are profiled slightly differently .. :gaah:

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
Power corrupts...

That said, our local gov'n has little power so there's little corruption. They higher you go in the government, the worse it gets.

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
The problem will be those who want power for the sake of having it. It could be anything from the customer service rep who makes you jump through hoops to do a return just because they can all the way up the chain. Any LEO, Gov, Military or citizen can easily fall into this category. If a person is seeking to boss others around or seek personal gain from other's work then they'll probably be a problem later on when society and such won't hold them in check anymore. Even more so if they have the entitled mentality.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont get me wrong, I know corruption is on every level. But the attitude when people profile cops or sheriffs is not right. Might as well go to a concert and just call everyone a drug dealer. Same thing isnt it.

Lets look at humans in general. Ever been on the job with a manager who was power driven? Or someone that stole on the job. We ALL have. We as humans have failed. LEO are held to higher standards but they are human and they were all civilians first. They are the products of society. They are what society has to offer.

I just wanted to rant for a minute. I know some great officers and Iv seen people just drive by flipping them off for no reason other than hating cops. I know cops that are pastures and little league coaches. They work for their family and go home like we all do.

To sum it up if SHTF dont just assume they are the Nazi's comin to get you. Maybe they are trying to flee with the rest of us.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
To sum it up if SHTF don't just assume they are the Nazis comin to get you. Maybe they are trying to flee with the rest of us.
You are right, people need to be judged by their actions.

They are the products of society. They are what society has to offer.
We can't fall back on this argument to relieve individuals of personal responsibility though.

·
Banned
399 Posts
LEO are held to higher standards but they are human and they were all civilians first. They are the products of society. They are what society has to offer.
True, they are held to higher standards. That is part of the job. Anyone who has been given the authority to use deadly force against another person should be held to a higher standard. If they have a problem standing up to this higher standard they should rethink their choice of profession.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
True, they are held to higher standards.
No. In the real world, they almost always are NOT held to a higher standard.

Just drive down the road and watch LEOs drive (with no emergency lights on) in a manner that would get us peons busted. I can tell countless stories of off-duty LEOs being let off the hook because they carry a badge. It's the fraternity. The Blue Fraternity.....It's elitist, it's illegal, and it's wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts

Just drive down the road and watch LEOs drive (with no emergency lights on) in a manner that would get us peons busted. I can tell countless stories of off-duty LEOs being let off the hook because they carry a badge. It's the fraternity. The Blue Fraternity.....It's elitist, it's illegal, and it's wrong.
Yes and no ...

I just heard a story of 4 cops going to a class that got clocked doing 65 in a school zone ... the driver is now looking at lossing his job and the other three have be busted down for not speaking up.

Then my husband was almost hit by a cop driving and "doing something on his pc" ... He did tell hubby sorry at the red light ... but gee...

I agree with the OP ... for the most part. They are just men and women making a living. But at the same time (as with an job) you have some that DO belong to the Blue Fraternity ...

But even with that MORE times than NOT I will stand behind them.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yes and no ...

But even with that MORE times than NOT I will stand behind them.
I will absolutely respect and support the LEOs who obey the law and bust those who don't. But my experience has been overwhelmingly: cops don't bust cops.

·
New here
137 Posts

I have seen this happen, but I can tell you just as many stories of LEOs being stopped for speeding and not flashing a badge, getting a ticket and paying the fine. I've done it and know several more who have as well.

In some areas officers aren't authorized to run code (with lights and siren) except in life or death calls, but work in jurisdictions so large they have to speed to get to other calls within a fairly reasonable amount of time. For example, Baldwin County, Alabama is over 150 miles long and had only 1 deputy working from 10P to 6A while I was going through the academy there in 1991. The sheriff was always getting complaints about deputies speeding, especially at night.

Have I ever stopped off duty LEOs for speeding and let them go with a warning? Yes I have, just as I've let thousands of other people go with warnings. On average I only issue 1 citation for every 9-10 violators I stop. I'm a law enforcement officer, not a revenue officer. I've also cited some off duty LEOs before after giving them warnings before, my patience and mercy only goes so far. You're right about law enforcement being a fraternity, but only to a point.

But whether some LEOs write others traffic citations or not isn't what this thread is about, it's about so many people posting that ALL LEOs are corrupt, or use excessive force, or are part of the NWO. We're no different than you and you're no different than us, we're all people and imperfect. We are held to a higher standard just as judges, pastors and politicians. Oh wait, I forgot politicians aren't held to a higher standard anymore, unless they're Republicans.

·
Banned
399 Posts

Very true. I should have said they should be held to a higher standard.
My mistake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my neck of the woods, there are some good cops (I think), but most that I see (and know) fall into one of 2 categories....
1. Overweight, lottery-playing, just collecting a paycheck lazy people
2. Steroid-pumped, power-tripping jerks
Furthermore, now that the standards here have been lowered dramatically in order to qualify to become LEO, I can hardly wait to see what the next generation of LEO looks like!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I just want to help get this thread back where it started, an opinion worth repeating. If it goes back to pointless jabs at other people on the forum, I hope this thread gets moved to the isolation booth....

There are a lot of people on here that have a mentality of "Us and Them" meaning the citizens and the government. Quit looking at everyone who is payed by the feds or by the state as being the evil corrupt one world power mongols.

I know a lot of police officers and I have served my country proudly. Understand that many cops are former service members who believe in the ideas of our forefathers and believe in the constitution. Many of these officers are worried about the governments actions themselves and would side with you in a heartbeat. If you see a cop dont just assume he is part of the NWO and cant wait to get you into a fema camp (If they truly exist)

Officers are dads, moms and vets and have the same values and beliefs as you do.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I just want to help get this thread back where it started, an opinion worth repeating. If it goes back to pointless jabs at other people on the forum, I hope this thread gets moved to the isolation booth....
Windsong, I'm not sure where your ire is directed. Nearly all the posts have been relevant to the topic -- good cop/bad cop figuratively speaking.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts