Quick, easy and cheap alcohol stove.

Discussion in 'Equipment & Survival Kits' started by nj_m715, Sep 1, 2010.

1. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

I just posted a how-to for making a alcohol stove on blog. It burns common rubbing alcohol or any pure alcohol too.

I'll link the pic from my other computer, I haven't figured out cut and paste on this macbook yet. [​IMG]

Pic embedded thanks to Naekid

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  2. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

it'll burn kerosene/diesel too, OR (if you're REALLY ballsy) even gasoline (if you have nothing else tho, IMHO)

3. mmszbi

mmszbi Junior Member

I made an alcohol stove out of an aluminum beer bottle (NOT the can) and it will hold a little over an ounce of alcohol and boils 4 cups of water in 4-5 minutes, total burn time of about 9 minutes. Really works well and resides in my BOB.
    Easy, simple and a hot cup of coffee or tea is good anytime!

4. nj_m715

Yeah all the Alt. fuels are covered in my article, but I'd stay away from the gasoline. I'd go with any other thick oil first, even if it's waste vegetable or motor oil.

5. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

All I'm getting is a picture. Are there instruction on how to make it?

6. nj_m715

Yup, it's on my blog. The address is right under my screen name. I wanted to embed the pic with the post like I normally do , but I just couldn't get my Mac to cooperate.

7. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

Accidental discovery, if you add a small amount of laundry or dish detergent to diesel the usual "diesel" smell goes away, it smells more like BBQ bricket starter, :sssh:

8. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I'm sitting in an AA Meeting reading this, yep, some of us drank that too.:D:D:eek: