Prepared Society Forum banner

pvs14 and the ar15... owning the night.

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  LastOutlaw 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with a PVS14 mounted on an Ar15? Is the recoil too much shock for the PVS14? Is it better to wear a bump helmet with the pvs14 mounted there to avoid the shock on the PVS14?

#4 ·
We always mounted a pvs 14 on our kpot and put a peq 15 on the rifle. They have good nv for rifles. Never mounted a pvs 14 on a rifle. Eotech has a pretty good system that sets up the pvs 14 behind their optic and now there is nv that will mount in front of an optic so you dont have to move your optic forward when switching to nv. Quality gear gets pricey though. Assuming you have the pvs 14 and dont want to shell out the dough for different nv if what you have will work?

#7 ·
I have no experience with a pvs14.. at that price point I most likely will not. I have found out that the chances of someone in the general public having a functional NV device outside law enforcement and the hog hunting community is very small. That being said possessing even a less expensive NV on even a 22lr is a massive game changer. Not knockin your choices ,I love the quality.

#9 ·
Have you ever sat around a deer hunting camp with a CHEAP Nite owl hand held nv.. I have watched bear deer and beaver moving in the complete darkness even well outside the advertised range. This thing is just above "toy"grade and it has no provisions for mounting and I am certain It would not be able to stand up to any recoil except if you wanted to tape it to a 22.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.