Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Anyone ever used one of these? Had one? Seen one? etc? I have a 2k watt gas one that I bought like 6 years ago and have never had trouble with it but I don't like the idea of storing gas. Saw a 45 gallon propane tank on clist the other day for $100 bux didn't seem like a bad option.
I will vote for friend. The only real issue I can find about propane-powered motors is that if the motor is not built right, the dryness of the fuel can cause valves (etc) to burn out prematurely. In the case of the propane generator, unless you are running it all day / every day for years at a time, I don't see any real issue with it.

Personally, I would rather have a diesel system that includes air-compressor (with tank) and arc / mig welder with the 110/220 and 12-volt connections as well. Yes, it is much larger, but, the functionality of it outweighs (pun intended) everything else.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.