Prepared Society Forum banner

Prepping East Bay Contra Costa

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mvipe 
#1 ·
Hello everyone my name is Mike. I am looking for likeminded people who are interested in giving advice, have an existing group or really anything.

A little about myself. I always thought prepping was for wackos. That is until I got stuck in Hurricane Katrina and my house was destroyed and I had to live on what I had in my house without power for 2 weeks. When we knew it would hit I went out in a panic and bought a generator, extra freezer and tons of frozen goods. Oh how it seemed I would have food for weeks or months! That is until my first floor flooded 8 feet deep and my freezer shorted out and became a giant container of rotting food. But hey! On the bright side some of my bottle water preps floated to the second floor! After living on whatever noodles and canned goods I had in my pantry (kitchen was on the second floor) I began to run out of food and we quickly started rationing our food. Help finally came after running out of food and not eating for 3 days.

Since then I have moved back to California and in a way I've become obsessed with at least prepping some supplies and my bug out or get home bags. Now that I have a family and children my worries are compounded. I never again want to be that fool who thought he was prepared for it all only to realized in an instant how screwed I am. l've quickly realized I can't possibly be an expert in every aspect and I certainly can't protect 3 other people 24/7 on my own should another equal or worse disaster strike again.

I have built up enough to survive several months but would like to learn more and join a group of others. I understand some groups take months or years to get into but I would prefer to know and trust vetted people any day so I definitely understand and I am willing to contribute and put in work as needed.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.