Preppin' in my Blood

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheAnt, Jun 7, 2011.

1. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

Hello all,
    I have been trolling this site for several months reading posts and such and getting great information and entertainment value from it. I first happened upon this site while looking for information on subterranean construction and have been frequenting ever since.

I currently reside in Arizona but spent much of my life in Arkansas. I never heard of 'preppers' until I visited this site but found that I have 'prepper' in my blood. My parents have always been mindful of the 'what if' to some degree and prepared accordingly. Now that I am a husband and father I have found those same tendancies in my own thinking. It is important to me to be able to provide for my family in good times and in bad. It seems the likelyhood of bad times keeps getting more and more real every day. My goal is to be as prepared as possible for whatever comes my way. Self-sufficiency is a way of life -- my way of life.

Foremost on my list is spiritual preparation. I know that God provides for my every need and that all he asks is that I trust him. He also gives me no more than I can handle but instead carries me through good times and bad.

Anyway, I just wanted to join in on the conversation and help if I can. :wave:

2. kejmack

kejmack Texas!!!

Welcome to the site! I have been a prepper all my life, too. I am in TX. I moved here two years ago from VA. I love it here.

3. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

5. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

:welcome: Good to have you!

6. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

7. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

"Preppin' in my blood"? Heck, down here, we've been preppin' in our shorts! :D Welcome to the forum! :wave:

8. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

Thank you all for your kind and welcoming words! Will see you all around!