Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A PA prepper-fest sounds like a lot of fun. The better half and I will figure out a hard date for early September. Anyone have any preferences as to what weekend in Sept works best for them?

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Unfortunately I'll still be in school at that point so I won't be able to make it.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I'll check with my SIL and see what works from him ... He feeds for us (and my daughter milks for me :kiss:) when we take a weekend break.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
17th or 24th works for us.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey hey! Let's tentatively look at the weekend of the 17th.

Darn, Jason. We missed you last time when UncleJoe, AuntJoe, Sailaway, my better half and I got together. You Mom was sick then, but we're glad she is doing well. Glad you are doing well in school, too.

Andi, we're looking forward to meeting you and yours!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
The 17th would work better for us than the 24th. Getting late in the Fall for being away from Montana, since it starts to snow in October, and it's a long way home from PA. We had planned to travel on the motorcycle but now considering the Jeep instead.

Would love to have come on bicycles but not enough time. When we get back from California and this Dirt Time thing we have to start helping the daughter and her husband build their house. They're staying in a camper on our property and we hope to build a 2-story 20' by 20' house between early July and before winter, at least enough to keep out the weather while they finish it. Plus our own projects and the garden... :D

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
That's a small little place that you are building ... how many people expect to live in there ...

As far as PA goes, its a fair distance for me to go ..

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, come on, NaeKid. Come on down. It would be a great vacation you and your better half. :)

Just bring a few bottles of that Candian beer you talked about. :beercheer:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Where in Penn would this be held?? :dunno:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
At horseman's house. He's going to invite the whole board! :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where in Penn would this be held?? :dunno:
Harley, the shindig will be on the weekend of September 17 for Quiet Time members at Horseman's place. We are northeast of Williamsport, PA. More specific directions to follow.

More specifically, it will be in our lower field on our place on that weekend, but if anyone wants to come early or stay later that's OK. We're planning on setting up facilities for a shower, potable water and a Portapotty. Y'all will need to provide for your own tents/campers.

If any of you would like to invite any other trusted folks, that is fine. Just let us know please, so we have a rough head count in advance. We'd like to keep the gathering prepper specific and an attendance somewhat less than Woodstock, :) so please check in if you would like to invite other preppers.

No grocery stores are nearby, so bring some grub, beverage and other staples, but we'll have lots of stuff too. Mrs.Horse is a great cook and I'm sure she'll be whipping up lots of stuff for everyone. We'll have lots of wood for cooking and lots of space to set up.

September weather in PA can be a bit unpredictable, so be prepared just in case things get cool (nighttime frost) and/or wet. On the other hand, September here can be absolutely stunningly beautiful.

This sounds like the makings of an unforgetable get-together!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Y'all will need to provide for your own tents/campers.
Becky (AuntJoe) just came to the realization that she would be sleeping in a tent. :eek: It seems like a lifetime since either one of us have slept outside. Personally, I love the idea. I do however have some work to do on her. :rolleyes:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Just as an idea, if this thing works out, maybe we could do it in the spring and/or fall every year. I'd have to clear it with DW but we have open property that would be good for primitive camiping too, near Pittsburgh, PA.

I'm not trying to take thunder from your idea, Horseman...just thinking for the future. We'll see how the first one goes first but I'm sure it's going to be incredible. I just wish I was able to make it.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I have only one hitch ... my daughter is due mid Oct. ... my sol said he would feed as long as things at home was well . (I could not ask for better :))

So ... I'm at a toss up ... as when my 4th grand daughter is born ... :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UncleJoe, you'll just have to be extra sweet to AuntJoe. Make her breakfast, take her our to dinner and buy her flowers. She'll come around.:)

Jason, I think that is an excellent idea. Maybe we can keep the ball rolling! Real sorry you and DW can't make it. I'm guessing we have lots in common.

Andi, you'll just have to tell that baby to put till it's time. No early birds!

Folks, our biggest problem is gonna be GypsySue and MMM. The nearest McDonalds is 30 miles from here!:eek:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Weekend of September 17 looks good to me. I would also have the security chief with me.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
He's got to be a monster by now, Sailaway. How's he doing?

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Folks, our biggest problem is gonna be GypsySue and MMM. The nearest McDonalds is 30 miles from here!:eek:
:lolsmash: :lolsmash:

Do they deliver? How many hills? I could ride my bicycle... :D

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
What does everyone think about mentioning this little get together to Salekdarling? She is the police academy cadet from Johnstown, Pa.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.