Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have quite a few folks here from Ohio. I came across this tonight and thought I'd pass it along to any that might be interested. Kinda short noticed but it looks like it could be pretty informative.

North Central Ohio
We've all been watching the recent events unfold: the Haiti earthquakes, the rains in California, the snow storms across America and Europe; and earlier events, such as the swine flu epidemic, the Katrina devastation, as well as worldwide terrorism brutalities, and the Pacific tsunami. Clearly, there are many circumstances for which to be prepared.

The question becomes, "What will you do one second after?" For example: If the electricity goes off, or the water supply fails, or the septic and garbage collection stops, or food becomes scarce, or civil order disappears, what exactly will you do?

Our first disaster preparedness get-together will be held Saturday, February 6th. We'll meet at a totally self-sufficient farm in north central Ohio. Those that wish to tour the farm, and its many non-electric shops and displays, should arrive by 10 A.M. For those who have less time, or just want to talk, the meeting proper will begin at 12 Noon. Many how-to books, seed catalogs, various non-electric grain grinding, lighting, water purification, fire building survival techniques and more, will be on display. An instructor from one of the best survival schools in the US will be in attendance.

This first meeting will encompass a somewhat generalized overview of the subject of Preparedness, but will remain focused. We will not waste time on conspiracy theories, pointless musings, chit chat. Bring paper and pencil for note-taking. There certainly is a great deal to learn along the way in our efforts to prepare for coming events.

For additional information please email [email protected]
This is the link to the home page of Preparedness Groups. On the left side are links to groups all around the country. I haven't investigated it at all yet, but wanted to post since the Ohio meeting is fast approaching.
Preparedness Groups Page

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Some good information there ...

I'll be in talks with a couple of local people about setting up a MAG (Mutual Assistance Group) seperate from my backcountry clubs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts