Preparedness Conference in Waco, TX

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by keepitsimple, Jul 21, 2011.

1. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Active Member

For any of you interested I got word that there is a Preparedness conference in Wako, TX on Sept. 9. It is being put on by the Central Texas Veterans Healthcare System. I don't know if I will make it or not because Wako is a freaking long drive for me, but for those interested here is the program description.

Program Description:
    The participant involved in this program will receive tangible, take home information on personal, fam- ily and community preparedness. The conference will engage participants in what they can do for self-preserva- tion to include awareness of current climatic changes, post disaster injury and exposure, growing threats, food and water storage, mental health, evacuation and contingency plans, bioterrorism and much more.
    Program Objectives: Upon com- pletion of the conference the partici- pant will be able to:
    1. Identify climactic changes and implications for preparedness.
    2. Discuss post-disaster disease and injury.
    3. Discuss the rationale for the in creased prevalence in rabies in Texas.
    4. Discuss at least 3 methods for self- preservation.
    5. Identify 3 threats to our security involving biological, radiological and terrorism.
    Continuing education available for multiple disciplines.

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

There's going to be one in Eureka, Montana in September, too.

If anyone up this way is interested, let me know and I'll give you more info.

3. Idaholady

Idaholady Member

There is a 'Sustainable Preparedness Expo' on July 31st at the Spokane County Fair & Expo Center. Sustainable Preparedness - Reclaiming Noble Independence in an Unstable World

Booths Include:
    -Crosscut Saws
    -Food Preservation
    -Renewable Energy (solar, etc)
    -Natural Remedies & Herbs

I'm sure there is more...you need to visit the website to find out what will be going on that day....I hope to get over there....