Prepared Society on YOUTUBE?

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by Sonnyjim, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Sonnyjim

Sonnyjim Prepping

Hey guys,

This is just a suggestion, and I understand if some of you are against it but I'm just throwing it out there. I know this site isn't huge but it has such a wealth of knowledge. I do all of my filming from my wife's digital picture camera and the basic Windows Movies Maker that comes with windows. I also know that quite a few of us members post videos on youtube on a semi regular basis and sometimes on here. There is also such a wealth of youtubers that I believe have soo much to share and are into survival and preparedness as much as us but may not have a group to share with other than their youtubers, and we could maybe get them along for the ride. What I am suggesting is that we make a prepared society youtube page. If I wasn't going back overseas for 5 months I would be willing to be incharge of it but I won't. It could be divided into categories like a mini forum of videos and I know that if it got big enough, with some ads(I don't have them because I am too hardheaded) the site would pay for itself or even be able to be upgraded. I also know that this site is one of many forums, but I think it is unique and there is a HUGE following on youtube right now for survival and preparedness. Favoriting other people's videos on the site that are appropriate would also help to draw followers. Anyways, that's just a bunch of jumbled thoughts on the idea. Let me know what you guys think.

Sonnyjim

2. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

That's a good idea.

Let's see what the other guys have to say.

3. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

4. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea.

5. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. Don't look to me for help though, I'm a technological bonehead.:confused:

6. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Great idea sonnyjim!

I am also an avid youtube watcher, and am subscribed to quite a few of the prepper and firearms related channels on youtube. There are indeed some great people there.

As far as starting up a youtube channel with the Prepared Society name... I am not quite sure actually. Problem is with youtube is that there is often a lot of sh*t being thrown to people's channels. And it might be difficult to stop that from entering this forum.

On the other hand, having the veterans of this site, who we have come to known as pretty decent people, to be giving educational videos or philosophical rants, would definitely be a sweet deal.

V.

7. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I have been thinking on this subject for a little while now, trying to come up with a solution that might work. I think that I might have come up with an idea that, if followed might work.

If everyone that has their own YouTube page takes a moment to title their works like "PreparedSociety: Life on the farm" it will make the PreparedSociety videos easily searchable and allow the creator of the video to retain the "rights" to their works. Currently, there are no hits on a YouTube search for the subject of PreparedSociety, so, we are working with a clean-slate.

8. moto8895

moto8895 New Member

Prepared on YouTube

Seems like an alright idea to me.

9. townparkradio

townparkradio Family Friendly DJ

Y'know, I run an Internet radio station *points at name* and I'd also be interested in audio content. If anyone has the gumption to put their mouth where their knowledge is (so to speak) I'd happily make it into regular hourly rotation as value-added content. I'd mostly want 1-5 minute "short lessons" on assorted topics, from bits about gathering food all the way up to treating wounds and weapons maintenance.

Could even whip up a little bumper that plays before it like "Time for some more things you need to know, courtesy of preparedsociety.com" leading into the person's lesson.

Anyone got the courage to have a go?

(Also... even if not, if you can script such sequences, I am perfectly capable of recording them for you with my good ol' DJ's voice) I dunno, whaddaya think, site owners/assorted posters?

10. Diego2112

Diego2112 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me (both the video, AND the audio thing)! I dont usually post vids to youtube (I've got ONE video, and it's just pics with me playing some music), but I'm on there ALL THE TIME! :D

As far as AUDIO content, I've got a pretty neat trick with some PVC pipe getting turned into an emergency fishing kit, as well as a couple of different ways to make your ripstop USGI type poncho into a tent (other than just the standard "Snap two and make an A frame!" :D)... And I've got some MAD recording equipment (what with being in a band and all!)! So I guess PM me or something if you're interested... :dunno:

11. townparkradio

townparkradio Family Friendly DJ

PM sent.

And for anyone else.. contact me at [email protected] via email, and that also lets you reach me through MSN/Windows Live messenger and Yahoo IM in it's crosstalk with MSN capability.