Preparations update

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by NaeKid, Feb 6, 2010.

1. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

Whole house sand filter. 002.JPG 003.JPG

BlueZ likes this.
  2. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

file photos 093.jpg file photos 097.jpg Brand new never installed government surplus battery bank.

Echotech likes this.

3. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

Everyone should have a windsock, knowing the wind direction is very important. IMG_4836.JPG

4. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

The shop project is moving along, I installed 18 LED shop lights today and I have a Mr Cool minisplit heat-pump on order for both heating and cooling. The pex tubing in the floor is for wood boiler heat. 100_0002.JPG 100_0001.JPG

5. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

Do You Have Your Lifeboat Ready? This old house.jpg

Tribal Warlord Thug likes this.
  6. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

Energy cost are going to skyrocket, the ship is sinking, do you have your lifeboat ready? The cost of energy.jpg

7. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

One is none and two is one, redundancy, redundancy, redundancy. 004 (17).JPG

8. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

Mr Cool came in today. This is a do it yourself precharged heat pump system that will be installed in my new shop. 100_0012.JPG 100_0023.JPG

9. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

Two coats of concrete sealer applied. 100_0015.JPG

10. gabbyj310

gabbyj310 Not so new

I was a devout preperson but.....my dear sister who I supported for over a year stole EVERYTHING I had and sold all my jewlery and gold I had saved,That included all of my everyday supplies,cooking pots ,rugs,everything,,I was So sick I had just about given up,,,but I have to say Im now willing to start over again.Now the difference is I don't have anything but a yard and Im to the point of being older I can't do crap anymore except buy what I need..Which sucks..But I will start over and prep the best I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tribal Warlord Thug and zimmy like this.
  11. jimLE

jimLE Member

Sorry to hear what your sister did Gabby.

I took someone to a doc appt the other day.in which she wanted to do some shopping afterwards,I didn't really need to go.but took her shopping anyhow.i ended up buying a large thing of crushed red pepper and a thing of cheese cloth it's 36 inches by 15 yards.and it's reusable

12. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

So sorry Gabby, I had a similar situation after my mother passed away and my brother took over the estate but I was able to recover and you also can do the same, stay safe my friend, stay safe. 003.JPG

13. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

The bridge over Willy Creek. 015.JPG

14. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

What to do with a old aluminum satellite dish. 047.JPG

15. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

A small system I put together to run the fence charger and small ac devices in the north orchard. 013 (7).JPG 012 (7).JPG 012 (7).JPG

16. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

003 (3).JPG 100_0020 (6).JPG 069.JPG 100_0021 (6).JPG PROTECT WHAT YOU HAVE! ONE IS NONE, TWO IS ONE!

17. headhunter

headhunter Member

Gabby, grandma and I are attempting to raise a granddaughter. We love her , however, her actions really make it hard. Angry with her parents, she is not easy to have around. It is getting better, but soooo slowly. I really wish you well on your journey. Doug

18. ContinualHarvest

ContinualHarvest Member

I've been away for too long. So, I'll keep the update as short as I can.
    Brain preps - I finished the first degree. Got a new job. Now, I'm almost halfway through a master's degree.
    House preps - We moved out of the apartment in 2017 and bought a small townhouse. It's a good neighborhood with access to woods and water if need be.
    Other preps - I've been setting up a security systems, reinforcing locks, doors, windows, etc. I have also been rebuilding more of the food preps that were used up when I was laid off and returned to university.

I hope everyone is still plugging away and doing well. Zimmy, the shop looks awesome! Gabby, I'm devastated that a family member would do that to you.
    Hope to catch up with you guys soon.
    -CH

zimmy likes this.
  19. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

Surveillance camera system setup procedure with audio and early warning system. 100_0030 (5).JPG 100_0005.JPG

20. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

THIS IS NOT A TEST! First the pandemic and now the economic depression! 3rvex-opossum-eat-ticks-off-deer-head-16.jpg